The Tarot of Vampyres - Prince of Grails

WolfyJames

This vampire seems to be in someplace high where the Prince has quite a view. That could be because the Prince of Cups is air in water. He is richly dressed like any rich prince, with beautiful golden embroideries, one of them being a snake on each side of his collar and another, a bird on his left chest, going again for the "air in water" I'm guessing. Holding the cup upright, the Prince seems moody and contemplative, the stormy sky fitting with his spirit. Or maybe he is looking at something or someone far away to the ground that we cannot see. He is definitively the most handsome male in the deck! He reminds me of Louis de La Pointe-du-Lac in the Anne Rice's vampires books, he is my favorite character.

The Tarot of Vampyres is inspired by the Thoth Tarot so this card is the Prince of Cups in the Thoth Tarot and the Knight of Cups in the RWS.

Attachments

• cups12200.jpg
    cups12200.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 649

Zechariah13

there seems to be a tumultuous tensity concealed beneath a veneer of stillness here. Like the surface of a sea that just conceals the shark beneah it, or a dark gray cloud that slowly moves, never revealing the deluge it holds till its too late.

Either way, there is something that is volatile, yet controlled about the Prince of Grails when i see him.

Oh, and i've named him Sven ;)