What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

Padma

Ace of Swords as an end to a relationship - a sudden, cutting end. Usually non negotiable.

Death/Tower/3 Swords as a physical death.

3 Swords as any situation which causes pain, either emotional or physical.

Chariot for times when I really was aggressive about seeing results in certain situations. Also to represent the car :)

Wheel for situations/relationships where things just kept going in circles - same situations/reactions, different day, same results.

Ace of Wands as a reunion card, specifically with ex's.

7 Pents/Empress as the death of an animal (a pet).

Sun for positive answers, but also for big egos (with a court card) and also sometimes for a death - like, energy returning to the heavens/to its source.

8 Wands for things happening almost too quickly. 8 Wands + Tower for accidents.

2 Wands for being a bit of a control freak.

Interesting thread! Thanks for digging it up, Dancing!

nisaba

For me...the 3 of Swords has come up on several occasions (in readings for others) and represented an extra marital affair.

And for me, it's come up for heart attacks and a triple bypass (my brother's). Triple, surgical, three Swords, after a HEART attack.

Emma313

I got the World when I graduated from university...seemed dead on right

intuitivetarot

Wheel for situations/relationships where things just kept going in circles - same situations/reactions, different day, same results.

Weird! I get the wheel of fortune upright when yes, things seem to be in a rut, but all of a sudden, things turn around for the better--much, much better, like just when you thought it was all over, some catalyst comes into play and you find out that it's not over after all. Very positive card for me. :) But I can see the reference to the "circle" haha.

Emma313

!

Me too! Neither of us wanted to get off first though we both knew we had to. Good memories outnumbered the bad by far.

cfish

Because of what I do, I have many events and shows in my life.

Four of wands- house warming party, wedding, exhibition opening.

Justice (RX)+ King of Wands- I received some document that I have to sign, from the small business owner. It was not a really, serious document, so I think that was the reason Rx came out.

World, Death, 10 of Swords- These three cards often appear when my events end.

Judgement+ Six of pentacles - Contact from the non-profit organization.

Tower- getting laid off, moving out. But the changes turned out very good eventually.

Page of Cups + Hierophant- I got the chance to hold an event in a university setting.

Absynthe

Page Of Pentacles & Seven Of Pentacles - Being stuck on a past relationship failure
Knight Of Wands - rash decisions in love, but probably just means rash decisions in general
Three Of Cups (upright) - multiple times means a third wheel in the relationship, someone unwelcome. Never seen this to mean a celebration actually. Ironic.
Queen Of Wands - means the 'other woman', had this multiple times.
Wheel Of Fortune - change in status from single to partnered only ever seen this card in relationship readings and only for that situation. Never endings.
Ten Of Swords - means negative expectations are killing this right now but it's not necessarily the end.
Death - means a change needs to happen and will happen. You can't stop this.
Chariot - a professional athlete that committed suicide (suppose it makes sense, gladiator?)
Knight Of Pentacles - travelling down a known path
Four Of Wands - coming home (metaphoric and literal)
Emperor - male influence that seeks to control you (came up for a controlling past boyfriend)
Ace Of Cups - a situation that was emotionally overwhelming
Ace Of Wands - a situation that was unstable
Ace Of Swords - a situation requiring analysis/consideration or review

Puffette

Okay, here is a list of reccuring cards I had before various things have happened...

King of Wands & King of Cups (both reversed)=Micheal Jacksons death
4 Pentacles with any card=Means 'No' to your question e.g: 4P + Star=A guy does not return your feelings, 4P + Ace Wands=A lost item will not be found

Ace of Swords=Death
Knight of Pents=Carry on to the end of your situation, do not give up/ an unknown man
Knight of Pents + Wheel of Fortune=Weight gain
Page Swords=Feeling angry/a psychological report
Knight of Swords + Ace Wands=A fire requiring rapid action (small kitchen fire, put out fast)
Death=The end of a long court case with 'no verdict'/moving out of my family home
3 of Cups=A recovery plan
World + 8 of Wands=Modest moment of internet fame
8 of Pents=Offered a work trial
2 of Pents=Switching appointments at the last minute
2 of Swords=A tense situation between two people, arguments

Ace of swords-reconciliation/a clarifying discussion after i had an argument with someone
6 of cups-again a reconciliation but which included also the forgiveness in the package
Knight of pents-a job offer( in fact every time i got this card during these years it always meant a job arriving soon and being handed to me)
9 of cups+4 of wands-party and lots of drinking
king of swords and hermit-problem with papers and authorities
hanged man-delaying a trip
7 of pentacles-waiting for someone to open the door(it was about a reunion with some friends, the host didnt hear the door ring)
ace of cups-rain... so i had to stay at home instead..

Padma

Sometimes the meanings are so literal, Puffette. IMO Cards can be like that, especially with daily use :)

tarot_quest

List of random events/situations

- A delay for my friend to get pregnant (one year): rx sun
- My research supervisor getting a grant (millions of $): the World (other reading 10oC)
- dating guys that were not serious (nor a good match): rx knight of swords
- someone in depression: 4 of cups
- someone leaving the country to study abroad: the Fool
- A business director making a formal plan: Ace of pentacles
- Someone leaving their current job to find a new one: judgement
- Getting a new job: Tower
- A man repressing his desire: Ace of wands rx
- Ace of cups: healing from a minor disease