Deviant Moon Queen of Pentacles

zephyr_heart

Here a lady holds her pentacle in her arms, surrounded by what looked like some kind of scattered electronic parts that suggest that they (if they're live people) are tired and weak. Her fancy clothes, I think, suggests her financial power and economic might. In the distance, there's a chimney with smoke and a tower minaret.

Her gesture shows that she's ready to give share her power by giving-if the pentacle can be used to the analogy of being a power generator-power and bring some electricity to the seemingly dead parts lying beneath her feet.

From the LWB:
"The gracious queen revels in her luxurious lifestyle. However, she is somewhat detached from the needs of her people. She shows her royal pentacle to an audience of dolls, mistakenly believing that society will benefit from this act of misplaced charity."

zephyr_heart

Although I agree that this card can be interpreted this way, I don't really think the LWB is 100% true about this.

Yes, it can show that, but it can surely also show the opposite, meaning she's generous to others in times of need.

Maskelyne

The dejected posture and dilapidated condition of her doll-subjects could be a reminder that materialism doesn't meet everyone's needs. The dolls have their dark-side eyes open, while the light-side eyes are nearly shut. This could be the dark side of materialism, or a reminder to attend to unconscious needs.

zephyr_heart said:
Yes, it can show that, but it can surely also show the opposite, meaning she's generous to others in times of need.

Yes, perhaps she has awakened to her obligation as Queen to share her prosperity, though she's a bit clumsy at it so far, stepping on one doll's leg. But I would certainly take it as the opposite of the LWB interpretation in some cases, maybe in a lessons-learned direction.

.traveller.

This reminds me of The Housewives version of this card. Other than that, she could be playing at being the Queen, or self indulgent... all those dolls are HERS.

Herzog

I thought those "dolls" were her children, and the Queen was being maternal

callistoluna

She reminds me of a "school marm" as she administers to the childrens physical needs but emotionally she is a little detached. Things need to be done so she goes about it in a businesslike/efficient manner.

She wants the children to have all the support and advantages she can provide but sometimes that may involve denying individual needs (she is standing on one of the childrens legs, so to me that says she is doing that best for her brood, but sometimes that benefits for all may mean the individual is forgotten sometimes)

I'm not saying she is uncaring - far from it! She is the epitome of mothering and nurturing, seeing to their every need. They all rest against her looking full (as in they have just been fed) and sleepy. She watches over them, protects them.

Surja76

There are three visible minor Arcanum.

Big round pentacle in her hands - Ace of pentacles
Minaret tower with sharp spire - Ace of Swords
Steemed tower - Ace of Wands

There is no the only Ace - Ace of cups. It means that she is clever, stable, active woman but stay out of feelings.

Minaret is the symbol of independance and agressive expension. It is a symbol of excellence, emphasizing isolation from others, dominant nature.
There is the star on the top of minaret. It is fixed Pole Star, is always fixed in the Sky. It is the symbol of stability that never can be changed.
The star is look like hand mirrow.
In ancient times Polar Star associated with the Mirror. Mirror is the symbol of self-realization and ambition. Queen of coins identified with the wise and prudent ruler, who by her own example shows others how use and distribute wealth the best way.

Four round head children look like four stages of Moon circle. New Moon, First quater of the Moon, Full Moon and Last Quater of the Moon Last quater of Moon is waning moon - so we see that the last child is with only one leg and the second one is cut off.

Full Moon child has two devil legs. Full Moon period associated with Devil period when all bad forces wake. This day our mind is under hesitations this woman put with her feet, she put everything under her control.

Four periods of moon - Spring Moon, Summer Moon, Winter Moon and Autumn moon. From Moon circle or biorythms depended. Circle of the human activity, increasing and decreasing.
This circle is our fight of life - totally we have 5 legs = 5 of wands.

Four round head children = 4 of coins. it means the range of desires and dreams of this woman is rather limited and mainly restricted to the accumulation of money, household chores, in order to ensure her family a steady income. She is conservative to shyness, she is afraid to make an extra step to the side, just not to make in her life something new, unknown.

Her passion is money, all her thoughts are about money, about sex (steemed head and Devil horn), but at the same time, she controls herself, does not give passion to break out and take over her.
She is ready sometimes for financial risk, but she is always ready to avoid any risk if it threatens its material well-being. She comes with the right foot on the child, with legs like a devil. She keeps everything under her control.

She looks like in metal warrior cloth. She looks a big fat metal money safe.

These children look like helpless puppets who baked onto the mother's skirt.
Four round heads + 1 pentacle in her hands = 5 of coins.
They are so weak and helpless, they need mother's help. They are close to her because she spreads protection over them, especially material.
Sometimes she makes charity, she gather money for inheritance.

They are drawn to her because they know that she can leave an inheritance for them, and each will get its share of wealth. She will share money evenly among her children. Bad or good child is the same for her.

She is not emotional mother, may be never be a good friend for her children, but she can be good sponsor for them.

She is attractive to others but not because of her heart but because of her money.

She is in gold - black veil. This woman is not Queen of Cups. She is difficult to find a a real love. Very often men dismissed from her.

entropy

To me, she's a dour Marie Antoinette - let them eat cake! Trying to give what she understands of need but it's totally mismatched to what the people around her need. The giving is about her - her position, her reputation - not about what's needed. A philanthropist that makes all their money running a sweatshop.

kaushalyaandfrank

In one 3-card reading I did (ME-SITUATION-HER), this card represented my wife (who was then my friend)- in this case the unhappy dolls at the bottom had a strong meaning. At that time my wife did not know what my true needs were, of my love for her, she was rather focusing on the more practical aspects of our friendship. Hence, the DM quote was, for us, the main emphasis of the card in that reading.

In addition, my wife IS like the Queen of Pentacles as per the traditional meanings.

"The gracious queen revels in her luxurious lifestyle. However, she is somewhat detached from the needs of her people. She shows her royal pentacle to an audience of dolls, mistakenly believing that society will benefit from this act of misplaced charity."