Light Grey Art Lab's Cosmos Tarot and Oracle Set

Walrus

Astronomy lovers or fans of the Light Grey deck may be interested to know that pre-orders are open for the Light Grey Art Lab's latest tarot project: the Cosmos Tarot and Oracle deck.
There doesn't seem to be much in the way of preview art just yet, but what we get a glimpse of (check the shop link below) looks wonderful.

http://shop.lightgreyartlab.com/product/pre-order-cosmos-tarot-oracle-deck

From the link:
In coordination with the Light Grey Art Lab COSMOS Exhibition (Opening October 30th, 2015), 100 artists have come together to create a comprehensive Tarot & Oracle deck featuring the myth, mystery and metaphor of the modern constellations, planetary, and astral bodies of the universe!

The decks feature gilded edges and gold-foil constellations.
The project contains 78 gilded Tarot cards, and 22 gilded Oracle cards, each with quick-reference key-words on the front of each card.

The deck is interactive and includes a 150 page guide to how to read the Cosmos, instructions and guidance for eight different spreads, and information on the history, lore and symbolism for each subject.

Nina*

I love the Light Grey and will definitely be getting this new one.

Thank you for posting this, Walrus.

desertrat

Me too! This looks fabulous. How interesting!

Scarlet Woodland

Oooh, I've gone back and forwards on the Light Grey Tarot but this is seriously tempting. Yup I think one of these will be coming to live with me. Love the look of that big, meaty book too... plus, ya know, gilding=yay :D

HallowedNight

I just came across this deck and has an "oooooh no" moment, because I've been looking for a deck like this one for a long time, and well... I really want it. XD The only thing I would be worried about would be that the cards are vastly different from each other, what with all the different artists, but from the looks of the pictures they look like they all fit pretty well together. But even if they don't fit together, I might just get it for the art itself. It's soooo pretty...

rwcarter

I went ahead and pre-ordered it. It makes me think that the Quantum Tarot and the Silicon Dawn Tarot got together and had a baby.

I'm surprised a certain someone hasn't posted in this thread yet, so I've pointed that person here....

Rodney

CherryNukaCola

Wish they would post more images of the cards. Can't bring myself to buy blind, no matter how great it looks.

Le Fanu

It makes me think that the Quantum Tarot and the Silicon Dawn Tarot got together and had a baby.
and the Ellis joined in the fun.

I like the look of this one...

Nemia

Ooooh. This might be the deck I've been looking for when I posted my question some time ago, looking for a deck for star gazers and hobby astronomers... This looks really really exciting and wonderful. I'm excited!!!

RavenLuna

That is stunningly gorgeous, and exactly my kind of thing, but the postage to the UK is $21... ack! I'll have to think about it :/