Urban Tarot - mass market version

G6

Happy USG is publishing the mass market edition and I hope they don't upsize it too much. 🙏

banbha

The tower card is too soon for me. I don't think I could use this deck, but otherwise it looks wonderful.

G6

The tower card is too soon for me. I don't think I could use this deck, but otherwise it looks wonderful.

I was in NY when 9/11 happened and I remember Grand Central Station was flooded with missing persons notices for a long time after. People looking for any information about their loved ones. I didn't lose anyone, but it was very sad. It doesn't bother me that it was included in the deck. It is a historical moment for the city.

banbha

I was in NY when 9/11 happened and I remember Grand Central Station was flooded with missing persons notices for a long time after. People looking for any information about their loved ones. I didn't lose anyone, but it was very sad. It doesn't bother me that it was included in the deck. It is a historical moment for the city.

Just not comfortable, lost people and know others involved in cleanup still getting sick and/or passing away from the toxins. I've moved on (I can discuss it, watch video of it, documentaries, movies about it, etc.) but it's still not quite history for me yet. While the deck really is fantastic, that Tower popping up would be triggering for me, I can tell just by looking at it. Not triggering in the sense of a panic attack or anything like, it's hard to describe how I feel right now. It's just one of those things.

G6

Just not comfortable, lost people and know others involved in cleanup still getting sick and/or passing away from the toxins. I've moved on (I can discuss it, watch video of it, documentaries, movies about it, etc.) but it's still not quite history for me yet. While the deck really is fantastic, that Tower popping up would be triggering for me, I can tell just by looking at it. Not triggering in the sense of a panic attack or anything like, it's hard to describe how I feel right now. It's just one of those things.

Sorry to hear that, B. I totally get it though. I imagine it would be quite a different experience for people that were so personally affected by 9/11.

banbha

It's okay, it's just an odd thing that popped up. I learned a tarot deck with it just isn't right for me.

G6

After spending a bit of time with the 1st edition I hope the printing for the USG version retains more detail in some of the cards like the Emperor and 7 of Pentacles especially.