You know what I like about this place?

magpie9

Home sweet home e for many years now.nothing cab compare .

Sibylline

I got a lot of sleep & I think that helped...hopefully I didn't look anything like that pic Raven posted hahaha! I didn't get booted from any of the discussions, it was more just what I was seeing elsewhere was so...nauseating, lol....monstrous egos. Was really not a big deal.

My top 10 list of why AT is my favorite:

(1) Down to earth people
(2) Very insightful postings
(3) Very INTERESTING posts
(4) Lots of wisdom here
(5) Kind and courteous responses
(6) Moderation making sure it's very civil
(7) Supportive environment
(8) Easy to get involved
(9) They make ya think
(10) I realy like hearing world-wide perspectives

^ This.

I don't post much, but I've been here on a regular basis for years. I consider these forums to be the best learning tools I've ever encountered. In the few times that I have posted, people are so courteous that I get like a bad drunk---I feel myself wanting to hug everybody and weepily say, "I love you, man!" :)

We share such a powerful love of tarot that other folks simply don't understand. Very comforting to know that we can come here to commiserate.

smw

I am astonished at the range and depth of views that people are willing to share here. I didn't realise how much there is to tarot, bit like a tardis.

jema

On one site I went to you were not allowed to 'quote' anything - even in the most peripheral of ways {"the King of Pentacles is usually a married man"} unless you listed the name of the book, author, and page number. I left after 3 days... :smoker:

There are many times I am totally fed up with my AT family - don't get me wrong - but I've been here 14 years so far ....

Haha, I know that site :-D
Haven't been there for years though, not sure they are even in business.
Like TB I been here a long time, since 2000 and I had several breaks but always come back.
I really like that you can pick and choose what parts of the forum you want to engage in. Me, I am usually only in this one and Tarot Decks
(and chat when I am subscribed but too poor now)

RunningWild

I like AT first for the learning environment. After that I like it because there's no sales pitch. I don't have the site owner pushing product at me. I can look at decks and ponder over the images that are available and take whatever time I need to decide if I like it or not.

Celtictarot

I love this page as we are like a tarot (and divination in general) family. I see on facebook mega mega egos in tarot readers and there are some readers who have less than scrupulous dealings with people. These people charge an arm and a leg (or head or whatever). They say spiritual tarot people have no egos, some of them have the biggest bloomin' egos going.

To the poster who said about being talked down to by an expert, I had the same. This person was arrogant and had their sidekick. What use is reading the tarot if it is the same generic RWS? I can't even get on with the RWS deck myself. I know sacrilege *ducks* But the tarot decks I own speak to me differently.

Thank you to all for making it a fab place to be, in fact THE place to be! *hands everyone a drin* hic I love you all!!!