How do you retire a deck?

Thoughtful

An inspiration for you:

I bought this off eBay years ago - no idea what it was for other than they are real Tarot cards professionally framed (the name of the framer in Kansas City is on the back).

Aaah! the lovely 1JJ cards, that farmer must have had a very romantic heart. The top card says how happy he is that his wish came true when he met the love of his life and they become one, with the wheel showing how his life changed for the better.
What a lovely memento. :)

Farzon

I'd certainly keep it in some way. I'm a collector, so I couldn't throw away any of my dear decks! Even the ones that did disappoint me! I can think of some cool ways to frame: the entire deck, the single suits or just certain combinations that you came across in your readings.

Or I'd store them in a beautiful box, kept secret somewhere and look at them every know and then. But never could I throw them away, never!! [emoji15]

Sibylline

Thanks everyone for your awesome suggestions so far! I'm digging the ideas on framing it somehow.

You could decoupage them to a tabletop that you use for readings! :)

That's such a great idea, Tarotbear. If only I was a crafty lady who could pull this off. Knowing me, I'll wind up gluing my cards, myself, and my cat to the table. :laugh:

I would then hang them in a spot where I could see them each day. I have a spot in my house where I do may daily draw. I would want them there. If I read for the public, I would want to hang them somewhere that was visible to everyone. It could be a real conversation starter.

Oooooo, I like that! Thanks for the idea, Southerngem65.

I'd certainly keep it in some way. I'm a collector, so I couldn't throw away any of my dear decks! Even the ones that did disappoint me! I can think of some cool ways to frame: the entire deck, the single suits or just certain combinations that you came across in your readings.

I'm a collector as well, Farzon, so throwing away a tarot deck (even if I hate it) would be like throwing away a book! Sacrilege! :eek: I like the idea of framing the whole deck. Maybe do a series by suit that I'd hang as a group.

I LOVE old, worn decks! (Especially ones without that glossy, plasticy lamination.) :)
If I had worn one out through use myself, I would feel it was brimful of my thoughts & feelings & experiences & learning moments ... and could never throw it out or bury it! :heart:
I'd frame my favourite cards, as tarotbear suggests, & hang them on my bedroom wall.
Or maybe arrange them on a tabletop under a glass or perspex top.

I love me some old worn-out decks toooooo! *waves arms around squeals like a little girl* Under glass on a table top--that's more my speed. :thumbsup:

I'm with you on lamination, Starshower. Guh, I can't bear the stinky glossy, plastic-y lamination that US Games is so famous for. I bought the standard size version of the Universal Waite to replace my pocket version last week, and I nearly passed out from the fumes....right before my eyes starting bleeding from the inferior printing. I swore up and down that I had a defective deck, until I did my research and realized the standard size actually looks that bad. Arg!