Orgy of buying new decks

porcupines

Amazon shipping policies are TOO enabling. I am moving soon so have not gotten anything shipped yet but have a growing wish list. Nothing to start off a new season like new decks :D :D

sorry this was not helpful

ctrymaus

Amazon shipping policies are TOO enabling. I am moving soon so have not gotten anything shipped yet but have a growing wish list. Nothing to start off a new season like new decks :D :D

sorry this was not helpful

I am soooo in trouble all the time, as we have Amazon Prime. :p No shipping charges and no minimum purchase needed! (no affiliation--we are just addicted to Amazon--heh) When we moved in June 2013, I waited for a couple weeks (oh the agony!) before I ordered any decks, just to be sure nothing went astray!

CountryMouse

Ica'rus

I am soooo in trouble all the time, as we have Amazon Prime. :p No shipping charges and no minimum purchase needed! (no affiliation--we are just addicted to Amazon--heh) CountryMouse

This is my problem :p With prime shipping, cheap impulse buying is too easy. I don't need to combine orders to get better shipping prices..I can just buy another deck an hour later without thinking about it!

Oh. i've also bought like 4 or 5 Tarot related books for my Kindle Reader during the same time. ruh roh.

CrystalSun

Buying the decks you like seems tempting but its important to buy the ones you can connect with. Connection is VERY important. I had the urge to buy a lot of decks but in the end I couldn't with any of them. For collection are great but to actually work with them... not.

Inchantress

Same problem. Justified my last purchase with sale logic, which seems to be what usually gets me. Or it's in stock. Or I didn't have to pay rent yet so why not pretend I still have money top spend? I could do this all day. Have been trying to use my cards as much as possible to learn new decks, but just adding to the growing stack of decks to learn is getting daunting, so I may end up trying to use 1 deck exclusively per week or something, not sure what is going to work realistically besides gaining discipline. I only think about consulting current decks after the fact, so maybe I'll try that as well. I guess I just need to work on my willpower, because the decks won't do me good if there's so many they just end up sitting around.

I had just convinced myself to get Amazon prime. Was thinking - well I'll probably save money by not trying to come up with $35 in items every time I order something.... however looking at the long list of you with prime that are begging to differ... I'm wondering if that is going to just make my problem harder.

Ica'rus

Buying the decks you like seems tempting but its important to buy the ones you can connect with. Connection is VERY important. I had the urge to buy a lot of decks but in the end I couldn't with any of them. For collection are great but to actually work with them... not.

I do agree with you. I prefer to know what I am buying and typically try to research everything that I do before I commit to it. This way I am not buying something that ends up a waste. Everything I have bought so far I have looked closely at to find out if I'd like it, simply because of the expense. I bought an out of print sealed Norse Tarot deck because I deeply enjoy and associate with Norse mythology. Same goes for the original Quantum Tarot. I love astronomy and quantum physics.

I try to find what resonates with me, because that is what I'm most likely to buy and collect. However I will say, I backed The Fountain Tarot kickstarter; regardless if I read with the cards, the cards were so stunning to me that I wanted them one way or another. :)

kimtsan

I do this all the time. I'm a reader and a collector and my collection is currently at 26+ decks something and growing. I have about 5-6 decks that I work exclusively with, but the rest are just part of my hoarding. What can I say, I'm a deck junkie. I'd say if it's not destructively addictive (financially), it's perfectly okay. :)

Harperhaven

I was so inspired by this thread I just ordered 2 decks I've had on my wish list for a while! I had been showing great self-control till today. :mad:

Ica'rus

I was so inspired by this thread I just ordered 2 decks I've had on my wish list for a while! I had been showing great self-control till today. :mad:

Woo!

Today is payday..I'm trying sorely to not look at my amazon wishlist!

donnalee

I got the eight or ten that I bought recently, including minis, and am finding that some are great for working with others, some attract me in certain ways but are a little useless for reading for me or others, and one of the minis made me want to buy the bigger deck and book. I think I personally really have to use the deck in person before I can say if I connect with it or not. I'm bummed that some of them just do nothing for me, so I try to give little readings here to get them to show if they're good for that or not--