Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 168 : October 18th - October 25th

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. Madame Squee : Tyldwick Tarot and A'HA Oracle
2. Elendil : Sakki-Sakki Tarot
3. BodhiSeed : Tarot of Durer and Philosophers Stone Oracle
4. NadaJ : Halloween Tarot
5. jema : Shining Tribe Tarot
6. VGimlet : Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot
7. UrbanBramble : The Vampire Tarot (Place)
8. GoldenWolf : Yoga Tarot
9. AJ : Roots of Asia Tarot

Elendil

I will definitely be back in this week - but haven't decided on a deck yet.

BodhiSeed

Tarot of Durer / Philosophers Stone
Thank you Elendil. :)

NadaJ

I'm this week with the Halloween Deck.

jema

Shining Tribe for me, old reliable deck that I know I can connect to.

VGimlet

This week will be my last new deck for awhile, unless I have some old pre-orders coming soon, or any Kickstarter decks arriving unexpectedly.

This week will be the Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot.

Then it will be back to the 'more later' decks.

Elendil

I have decided to revisit the Sakki-Sakki Tarot this week. In the last few weeks I have been very disappointed with the way my decks have turned out - so I am doing a 'rerun'.

UrbanBramble

Robert Place's Vampire tarot this week... I'm reading at a halloween party and want to get some practice in first. :)

GoldenWolf

I'm in this week with the Yoga tarot. Now that it's starting to get chilly, I'll probably feel more inclined to stay home and work with my decks.

Madame Squee

Thank you for signing me up, Elendil. :love:

Notes on the Tyldwick:

I thought there might be a challenge seeing what's going on in the Tyldwick cards, because I'm extremely near-sighted, and the images are full of small details and darkish colors, and it was difficult. However, I discovered that everything pops into focus when my eyes are about 24 inches from the cards, even though the reverse is normally true -- the closer I am, the better things look. It seems to me that the images in these cards are built of layers, and by moving in close, I'm moving past some of them. For instance, at 24 inches, I can see dust motes drifting in beams of light streaming down across the front of the glass cabinet in the Ten of Cups. However, this effect disappears when I bring the card in close for a minute examination of the contents of the cabinet. http://www.malpertuis.co.uk/2014/