Asking about another person's feelings

Miss Woo

I've decided to stop asking about another person's feelings, ie. How does X feel about me? I don't feel right about it any more; I feel like I'm invading the person's privacy and it almost feels like an abuse of power. Besides, it's impossible to gauge accuracy. From now on I'm just going to ask questions from my point of view.

What do you think about asking about other people's feelings?

moon_light

Yeah, I generally won't go into someone else's mind without permission. In a few spreads when I'm trying to gauge a whole situation, I might do a little bit, but that's it. There are always ways to reword questions.

That being said, it doesn't stop the cards from bringing in other people without me asking. It happens.

3ill.yazi

I agree. Usually there is a bigger question that one is avoiding when trying to figure out another's feelings.

Miss Woo

I agree. Usually there is a bigger question that one is avoiding when trying to figure out another's feelings.

I just know that I feel so much better doing it from my perspective. It's empowering :)

peacelilly

IMO, (for me) it's not so much as invading the others privacy it's free will. If you ask me (or any reader) what so and so thinks of you in a romantic way, or some other form of romantic relationship question, I think the tarot cards will give an answer.

BUT, the reading is about you, so IMO, your feelings will be the ones I can feel the strongest. We all have free will, you may ask if J has romantic feelings for you, and he may have, but J could also be in a relationship they want to stay in, where romance has sort of gone out the window, they want to work on it, but they still think of you and 'what if'.

If the reading is about you, it will show romantic feelings J has for you, will the rest also come up?

We all have free will, and J may be the love of your life, but J is married to a person and has a life J is comfortable with, no intention of 'rocking the boat'. Since the reading is third person, I'm not so sure all of this will surface.

Just my rambling thoughts lol, I think this is a very interesting question, would love to hear other thoughts.

I guess my question is, how much will tarot tell be about a third person?

Annabel

All about intention...

I've decided to stop asking about another person's feelings, ie. How does X feel about me? I don't feel right about it any more; I feel like I'm invading the person's privacy and it almost feels like an abuse of power. Besides, it's impossible to gauge accuracy. From now on I'm just going to ask questions from my point of view.

What do you think about asking about other people's feelings?

I think it's all about your intentions. I personally don't see anything wrong with asking about how someone else feels about you, if you are simply trying to gain some clarity. In a romantic situation it can help you decide whether to make a move or not, or give them time and space as the cards may have said they are still getting over their ex, for example. (Something that the cards have clearly said to me before).

If you feel uncomfortable about it, however, then don't do it! You are always your own best guide. What works for one may feel totally wrong for another. I have found it to be very helpful in some cases, to ask how X feels about me, or how X feels about a relationship with me. Sometimes knowing the reason why someone is giving you the cold shoulder, or why, despite liking you they won't commit - can actually help a person realise that it's nothing to do with them! It can give a person a sense of peace and acceptance, to know what's going on under the surface. Although, most of the time when I've asked such questions - it's never really told me anything I don't already know, or had an inkling of.

In the last year I've done readings about a couple of guys, and when the cards pointed to them not quite being over their ex - or they were closed off/very guarded due to previous relationship hurts, it really only confirmed what I already knew! As for invading someones personal privacy, I don't think it can ever go that far? I see the Tarot as clarifying our (often out of touch) intuition. So in a way, it's only *ever* going to be a reading from our perspective. Again, it's all about intention. It someone came to me for a reading to try and 'spy' on someone or to gain information to try and take advantage of them in some way, I would refuse. I take the responsibility of Tarot very seriously. For example, you may discover a person you really fancy has very low self esteem and is a total romantic - this doesn't give you the right to overwhelm them with flattery, just so you can jump into bed with them. (Maybe not the best example, but hopefully you get my point.) It's like an unspoken oath as a Tarot/Oracle card reader - to have respect for people's personal stuff, and to behave with integrity with the knowledge you have acquired.

As always, everyone has different ways of doing things - as long as your heart's in the right place I don't think any particular way is 'wrong' :)

Good question! Thank you

lisaxtiffany

Readings done on you are about you in my opinion. I feel like asking how a person feels about you is about you, If you really want to know and feel bad about it I would rephrase the question like "what kind of energy is he/she sending to me" or something like that.

Miss Woo

Thanks very much... Reading other people's perspectives has helped me to see that I haven't fully made up my mind on it yet. This is helping though! :)

Tiggy-cat

I totally agree with Annabel.

There can be situations where you simply do not have the opportunity to have a deep talk with someone to gauge their feelings about you, and you may have very strong feelings about them and want clarity.

I kind of feel that "how does X feel about me" is too vague, so when I ask such questions (because I do), I ask things like "what is X's perception of me", or "what do I represent to X" or "what does X want most from me".

Others may think this approach is unethical, but I feel that it's fine to seek some clarity to help you frame your own feelings and decide how to proceed.