Contradictory readings ?

Bonny

Hi there,

It's an uneasy question for me.
What do you make of a reading that thoroughly contradicts what previous readings have given?

Is there a thread on this somewhere? B :)

Luna-Ocean

I have often seen this in other threads i believe when we give our message we give it from how we see the question being asked? i know there have been times when a querent has not provided a clear and constructed question to what they wanted to know, or they have deliberately left out personal information that is needed to give a correct answer, so i feel that when this happens a message will not present it's self clearly or it will often give a contradictory message?

Just my own thoughts on this. :)

Bonny

Thanks Luna-Ocean !! Yes, it is important that the question is clear isn't it? That we understand what that person is exploring rather than project onto them our mental frameworks. Excellent to hear your reflections on this !! :)

danieljuk

if you keep asking about the same thing in a short space of time, it will start to throw completely different readings up which makes it more confusing. I try not to ask more once every 30 days unless something changes. So first possible cause is asking over and over. My personal readings deliberately start to throw up completely different scenarios! The lesson in this scenario is to trust the first reading, if we don't trust in what comes up, it will just become more and more confusing.

If you are spacing out the readings and getting very different readings, it probably means that things are changing. Just as an example think of the tarot like weather forecasting. Things suddenly change or there is so many variables! If you asking about predictive or long range type questions things might have completely changed since the first reading. You might have changed direction, other people involved too! Probably something has changed since the first reading or you have changed and gone in a different direction. We can override what comes up in the tarot because as humans we have free will.

Luna-Ocean

if you keep asking about the same thing in a short space of time, it will start to throw completely different readings up which makes it more confusing. I try not to ask more once every 30 days unless something changes. So first possible cause is asking over and over. My personal readings deliberately start to throw up completely different scenarios! The lesson in this scenario is to trust the first reading, if we don't trust in what comes up, it will just become more and more confusing.

I totally agree with daniel on this as well, how many time in the game threads have we seen the same questions being asked over and over about our relationships or the person who we want answers about? also how many hundreds of interpretive meanings can one card give...there are so many available to each card that if one person gives one answer then it's likely possible other interpretations will be totally different from another readers perspective?

Bonny

If you are spacing out the readings and getting very different readings, it probably means that things are changing. Just as an example think of the tarot like weather forecasting. Things suddenly change or there is so many variables! If you asking about predictive or long range type questions things might have completely changed since the first reading. You might have changed direction, other people involved too! Probably something has changed since the first reading or you have changed and gone in a different direction. We can override what comes up in the tarot because as humans we have free will.

Thanks Daniel for these thoughtful responses ... Yes That is wise and good counsel to restrain from asking again and again in same question and great tip, to trust first reading! I've noticed that as things change and I ask something related but not exactly the same s the initial enquiry it can become fairly clear the patterns that are developing - yes, like weather!!

That's a good general rule for a block of time - say a month. Otherwise it all gets a bit inane, doesn't it?

It is a learning cycle that , like any spiritually involved activity requires care and discernment in the apprehension of what's been delivered/conveyed.

Thanks for your contribution on this matter Daniel!!

Bonny

I totally agree with daniel on this as well, how many time in the game threads have we seen the same questions being asked over and over about our relationships or the person who we want answers about? also how many hundreds of interpretive meanings can one card give...there are so many available to each card that if one person gives one answer then it's likely possible other interpretations will be totally different from another readers perspective?

Yes, lunar-ocean and so this all causes me to wonder about the synchronicity involved ... That tarot cards might need a light touch as well as an attentive analysis... !! The various interpretations and the same question coming up page after page of some of the posts seem to highlight a willingness to 'be in the moment' and go with what is being communicated in the former while being aware of the problems by repeating questions in the latter... Thank-you for your kind offerings in your contributions on this !! B :)