Tarot Resom

blue_fusion

These are wonderful, Ly.

I really don't like the black borders--they don't enhance the artwork, which is already "enclosed" enough. White borders give some breathing room :heart:

Ps: with the cards a riot of color, I favor the simpler single color back, borderless for ease of printing. I wonder about something even simpler, so there's a cleaner distinction between front and back.

You might have something there. I was originally pushing for the black borders (or something to frame the art) so that I can incorporate the card titles and numerals like the text in the attached files -with those horizontal bands above and below the text. But somehow things aren't working out the way I wanted them to. It actually looks like I might be using white borders - I'll just experiment with the text and see how I can still achieve that Moser/Secession/Wiener Werkstaette feel.

Borderless actually might be best. Did some back reading and it seems Game Crafter has had some cutting registration issues in the past, and this might not be as obvious with borderless backs. Unfortunately, I can't do the same for the fronts as they were always meant to have borders even from the beginning.

And yes! They are a riot of colors. :D I'm still trying to regain my color-sense. I've been using an approach and coloring style similar to the Rikit and Curious East. Just getting the hang of harmonizing colors again, though, so some color details still tend to be a bit louder than I want. But I really hope that changes in time.

Beautiful! I would love a chance to buy one. May I suggest you check out printerstudio? I'm not associated with them in any way, I just prefer their quality myself (linen cardstock) and several card makers have told me that they prefer working with them to working with gamecrafter. And, I always prefer borderless!

As I said, I've been doing some back reading here and have read people's rave reviews for Printerstudio. However, I'm not based in the US (or Europe) and postal service here sucks, so using Printerstudio might result in a logistics nightmare for me (in terms of sending each deck to those who order them). At least TGC takes a lot of the hassle away from my particular situation. Maybe I'll do a test run with TGC and see how things go.

And thanks everyone for the encouragement. :)

PS Text C (attached file) is actually the inspiration for the Empress card. Mine ended up a bit (at least in my opinion) similar to Folchi's Felicita Tarot in terms of look and feel.

Attachments

• TEXT A.jpg
    TEXT A.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 159
  • TEXT B.jpg
    TEXT B.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 125
  • TEXT C.jpg
    TEXT C.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 129

blue_fusion

Resom Samples

Some more sample images. Borders in white just to see how it would look like.

Finished all the cards (it's a majors-only deck). Just doing the title card and that extra card (Dunno what to put in it. Maybe an explanation on the inspiration of the deck?). Hopefully I get to figure out TGC's image uploading system so I can get the deck published.

On that note: deck creators, how and where do you market your decks? This would be the first time I'd be exploring other avenues for my decks (It was just TarotGarden, Aeclectic, and Tarotcollectors' Forum in the past).

Attachments

• Resom Sampler02.jpg
    Resom Sampler02.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 153

Laura Borealis

Oh how beautiful! I hadn't seen this till now. Really lovely art. As always :)

I think the white borders work much better. If it's not too late for an opinion on the backs, I like the single color backs. I think the cool color complements the warm fronts, and the simplicity would set the fronts off better too.

Good luck with the Gamecrafter thing. :)

truelighth

Gorgeous! I will most certainly get this deck :)

Gerbear

Another splendid deck for my sub collection of your works. I will be in line for this one also.

blue_fusion

Thanks everyone for your appreciation/support. I've finished the deck, and have also uploaded it to TheGameCrafter (their system was very confusing at first!). I've made the initial proof order, and hopefully I can make the deck available for sale by mid April (10 days after the initial proof order, as per their rules).

I'll be updating this thread when that happens.

Attached is the "action shot" image I used for Tarot Resom's TheGameCrafter page. It contains 3 more images which I have not shared here:the title card, the hanged man, and judgement.

Attachments

• RESOMACTIONSHOT.jpg
    RESOMACTIONSHOT.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 124

mused

Great news! Very much looking forward to this deck as well. Your art is gorgeous

GryffinSong

Here are six variants of the card back design. I chose to draw an owl since they appear here and there in Secessionist art.

I'm torn between having a colored back design or just a plain single color design, as well as between whether to do it borderless or with a black or white border.

Which of the six do you guys think would be the most effective back design?

I prefer the upper left. Borderless and colored. Black border would also be ok, especially if the fronts have a black border.

i love your work!!!

Alta

As always, I love your work and look forward to this deck!

desertrat

The artwork is just so lovely. Thank you for making it available to everybody via Gamecrafter. I will definitely be purchasing it even though I prefer 78 card decks. But these are just too gorgeous to miss out on (like I did all your other decks :'( )

Do you think you will ever create another 78 card deck? I can't help but hope. :D