How important is a title card?

HudsonGray

When you do the 80 cards, it uses all the paper. This gives you a cover card and a 'back' card that you can print several descriptive small tarot spreads on.

OR (and this has been done with several decks already) add a Happy Squirrel card to your deck!

blackroseivy

What is the "Happy Squirrel" thing? I know I've seen threads but never really looked into it.

tarotbear

What is the "Happy Squirrel" thing? I know I've seen threads but never really looked into it.

It's a reference to an old 'The Simpsons' episode where Lisa got a tarot reading done ... it has actually been incorporated into a couple of modern decks ...

Annabelle

From my perspective as a tarot collector, I find a title card nearly essential. It's what tells me the title of the deck, the artist's name, the year of publication, the edition # if relevant, the deck # if relevant -- and also can have a spot for the artist's signature.

Boxes show wear and tear so easily that I much prefer a signed title card to a signed box, myself.

A lot of the self-published decks I buy come without boxes (which might have the deck name and so forth), so I rely heavily on title cards.

blackroseivy

Yeah, I am figuring on having one now that I've figured it out. Though an 80-card deck still gives me 1 extra card to try to figure out what to do with! I think I have an idea or 2 though. :)