Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

"Lenormand Decks: Easy to Not Easy" for Reading.

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Lenormand

Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

Right now I only have five Lenormand decks: the Piatnik, Laura Tuan's Lenormand Oracle, the Gilded Reverie, the Burning Serpent and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand. The key feature of all of them (if alternate titles are disregarded) is that there is usually no confusion about what the images are trying to convey in terms of literal meaning (although the Burning Serpent takes some getting used to). For me, that's the key feature of a readable deck. Artistic virtuosity needs to be constrained by the demands of instant recognition or it risks misleading the reader.
Top   #21
Time Traveller

DownUnderNZer 
Time Traveller

The more I have gone through my decks it has become more and more apparent just how vital "visual" really is and/or that the "image" needs to stand out on it's own - so I do agree.

Simple, fantasy or abstract - the image needs to be recognized straight away.

DND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Right now I only have five Lenormand decks: the Piatnik, Laura Tuan's Lenormand Oracle, the Gilded Reverie, the Burning Serpent and Pixie's Astounding Lenormand. The key feature of all of them (if alternate titles are disregarded) is that there is usually no confusion about what the images are trying to convey in terms of literal meaning (although the Burning Serpent takes some getting used to). For me, that's the key feature of a readable deck. Artistic virtuosity needs to be constrained by the demands of instant recognition or it risks misleading the reader.
Top   #22

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.