Chariot for letting go of things

a_shikhs

Well I was just playing with the Medieval Scapini deck and asked
'what do I need to let go of in my life' and got the Chariot card. What would this card mean here? :confused:

SunChariot

That was an interesting question. I am in my Chariot year now, but I really had to stop and think about that.

Here are my thoughts. The Chariot to me is a card that normally says that willpower and self-control are needed in the situation. And that if you use these tools properly you will come out of the situation victoriously. Boy does that EVER describe the year I am in now too!

Ok as for the question: "What do I need to let go of in my life?" If the Chariot is about self-control, always needing and trying to control yourself and your life, I would think that the answer to your question is that you need to work on letting go of your need to always be in perfect control of yourself and your life, that you need to work more on just relaxing and going with the flow, and that you need to work on trusting that your life and the universe have your best interests at heart and will take you towards your best future even if you let go and trust.

Just let it go more and more, the need to be in perfect control of your life/yourself and just flow with life and trust that your higher powers will take you where you need to go. Perhaps needing to be in control at all times is stressing to you, as no one can be of course. The card to me is telling you no one can be in perfect control at all times and that's alright. You can just accept that and know that you're safe and that at those times when you are not in complete control there is a higher power that is.

...just my thoughts...

Bar

Thirteen

I'm in agreement with SunChariot. The first thing that popped to mind is that you need to let go of being in complete control.

The chariot isn't only about being in control of the horses, but making the decision about where everyone is going. As if that isn't enough, the chariot is also armored and protected. So this would seem to be a message to a control freak--stop trying to make all the decisions and control all variables, stop protecting yourself from the vulnerable position.

Let it go.

starrystarrynight

...or maybe you just need to buy a new car...:D

Papageno

another "ah ha" moment

so that's what I've been mis-reading

thanks sun chariot and thirteen

Thirteen

starrystarrynight said:
...or maybe you just need to buy a new car...:D
LOL! Good one, Starry! Yeah, time to let go of that old clunker ;)

TarotMoon

Also, a Chariot can be about being driven by a quest or goal, sometimes to the exclusion of most everything else (especially in a Renaissance deck - think Hercules or other tragic heroes). Is there something consuming so much of your time and energy that you can barely keep everything else together? Something you're insisting on driving straight for even if more balance in your life might be healthier?