Magickal Tarot Set by Anthony Clark?

Alta

btw: My deck is a sort of red/orange box, Aquarian Press, Printed in Belgium.

No clam shell, and I only bought it a few years ago, not in 1986 when it was first printed, according to LWB.

avalonian

Alta said:
Well, to save Rodney the trouble and I happened to be looking at the deck, here is the 'riddle card':

Lovely, thanks Alta and thanks Rodney. It feels like finding a lost bit of a jigsaw puzzle (I was always a bit peeved that it was missing, but the deck itself was a bargain).

:) :) :)

rwcarter

Thanks Alta!

According to my spreadsheet, mine is a 1992 Aquarian Press printing. I'll have to check for other info when I'm at home.

Rodney

Le Fanu

I think mine's 1986 Aquarian Press

AprilFool

I get to go pick up my copy tomorrow! I'll have to look at the clamshell case to see what the date is - who knew there were two editions?

I'd say since it's new and in the clamshell it probably has the riddle card - thanks so much for the scan!!!

missy

Alta said:
You might want to try asking about this in the Thoth Forum.

Tony Willis also wrote a book (available second hand, cheap if you don't mind some marking) called Magick and the Tarot. Use this deck and that book together and your toes will curl up. You may not learn a huge amount of tarot, though you'll learn some, but you will really really learn tarot's relation to magick.

Alta

Alta, I am intrigued by this book. I have a question. If I do not have the Magickal Tarot, and if I do not have an exact Thoth (I have Thoth-based decks, like the Haindl and the Rohrig), can I get this book and learn about tarot and magick? I did see one review about this book where the reviewer said you could use any tarot deck with this book. However, as I have never seen the book and know nothing about magick and the tarot, I don't know if this is true.

What do you think? If I can use it with other tarot decks, this book would hold great interest for me.

Thank you!

Alta

I am not ignoring missy, we exchanged PM's on this.

Dean

I've also have this huge looking box set, mine was second hand but in very good condition plus it has the Riddle card but never used it.

The books interpretions on each card are interesting enough, and i think the book could be used well with any type of similar Thoth deck.

I was also shocked when i had seen this box set on ebay some time ago, the seller wanted a ridiculous amount of money for it as it is out of print.

Floss

I just managed to pick up a Magickal tarot 1986 ... I think I done good!! Very happy girl ....!

missy

Alta said:
You might want to try asking about this in the Thoth Forum.

Tony Willis also wrote a book (available second hand, cheap if you don't mind some marking) called Magick and the Tarot. Use this deck and that book together and your toes will curl up. You may not learn a huge amount of tarot, though you'll learn some, but you will really really learn tarot's relation to magick.

Alta

Based on Alta's recommendation, I found this book used for under $5 and bought it. I am excitedly awaiting its arrival! :party:

I don't have the Magickal Tarot, but I do have a Thoth now, and RWS, and other decks. From the reviews I have read, I am sure it will go with one or more of these decks. One Amazon reviewer said you do not have to use the Magickal Tarot to reap the benefits of this book.

I am really excited to learn about tarot's relation to magick, as I know nothing about magick. Can't wait! :D

Thanks, Alta, for the tip! :thumbsup: Very excited to get this book! And a great price for under $5. :)