Yoav Ben-Doav has passed

celticnoodle

just saw this. How sad! I didn't know him, but admired his deck. May he R.I.P. and my sympathies to all who knew him--family and friends.

Emily

Very sad news. I'm only just starting to delve into his book, which is a fascinating read.

Thoughtful

Such sad news, 59 is no age in todays world. Have his book which is wonderful, l shall treasure it all the more.
Thoughts going out for his loved ones.

Philistine

you were both the particle and the wave
Quoted for immortality∆

I love the CBD, and frequently refer to 'The Open Reading'. Here's to a teacher I never met but will always know >#<

DeToX

Unexpected and very sad news. He was a great guy, contributed a great deal and helped raise interest in the Conver Tarot and the TdM. RIP.

Ruby Jewel

AT member Falcor has posted this sad news in the Chat section. I thought I should post it here for people who might miss it there.

Yoav made a great contribution to the tarot community, and to the Tarot de Marseille community in particular, with his beautiful and very popular CBD Tarot de Marseille deck, and his thoughtful and insightful accompanying book, Tarot - The Open Reading, which Llewellyn will be publishing soon as The Marseille Tarot Revealed. Many members here have praised both book and deck.

Yoav also contributed greatly to AT with his cheerful, enthusiastic, and insightful posts. He will be greatly missed.

May his karma merit life in the ether as passionate and as beautiful as it was on earth. He was one of us.....our love will reach him.

BSwett

Aw man.... Ben. What sad news :-( . Back in the day I bought his book and gave it a nice review on amazon. Then I contacted him to thank him for his lovely writing and he proceeded to send me his deck as a gift. Ever since that day I shuffled his tdm considering it the work of a friend. I hope he turns into a shooting star and his star dust rains over his family and loved ones to continue the journey.

Michellehihi

Is this the reprint of The Open Reading with color plates, or is it a completely new one?

Good question! I saw that amazon proposed a deal for those who buy both of those books, so logically they should be different?....