Communication Cards

G6

Why are there so many communication cards in lenormand and what are your experiences with the differences between:

Messenger

Letter

Stork

Owl and the Mouse

I realize these titles might be specific to the Burning Serpent oracle.

Thanks!

Tag_jorrit

Why are there so many communication cards in lenormand and what are your experiences with the differences between:

Messenger

Letter

Stork

Owl and the Mouse

Thanks!

In Lenormand -- no thoughts about Burning Serpent -- the Rider is a bearer of usually good news or is a young man who is an acquaintance; he's also perhaps a lover in a same-sex relationship or an affair in a hetero relationship or even a new potential love relationship; also could be an unexpected visitor or can also be a horse. It's all in the context of the question.

The letter is a written correspondence -- email or letter and a nearby card can describe its content. The Stork indicates movement and I have not had it represent a message unless it meant movement of a message. No idea about Owl and Mouse but the Birds can represent an older couple or stressful conversations, chattering, phone calls, etc.

ana luisa

Messenger

Letter

Stork

Owl and the Mouse

Thanks!

Same here. I don't own the Burning Serpent (alas) and don't follow strict traditional meanings but to me the differences would be;

messenger -I use it as the direction the sitter will take as far as the solution to the problem. If the messenger is moving right, check the card on the right. If the rider is moving left, check the card on the left. Of course it varies from deck to deck. Also, if there are no card to the right or left of the messenger, it's moving towards the void. No decision as to what to do has been taken or no decision can be taken at that moment when the reading is being done.

letter - ALL types of messages, from emails to doctor's prescriptions to diary pages to newspaper pages/headlines. To me, it's THE message card par excellence.

Stork - moving (physical or mental) and change. No message here.

Owl - close-knit group (friends, co-workers, or other), parties and cliques. Depending on surrounding cards, their ideas and talk can be discovered.

Mouse - annoyance and bad eating habits (munching). I have NOTHING against the mouse although I know it is the card for loss.

G6

In Lenormand -- no thoughts about Burning Serpent -- the Rider is a bearer of usually good news or is a young man who is an acquaintance; he's also perhaps a lover in a same-sex relationship or an affair in a hetero relationship or even a new potential love relationship; also could be an unexpected visitor or can also be a horse. It's all in the context of the question.

The letter is a written correspondence -- email or letter and a nearby card can describe its content. The Stork indicates movement and I have not had it represent a message unless it meant movement of a message. No idea about Owl and Mouse but the Birds can represent an older couple or stressful conversations, chattering, phone calls, etc.

Messenger is news and letter is written correspondence. Thanks, that helps. The Owl and the Mouse card is number 12. In Burning Serpent it means Communication, so I guess it would be a conversation as opposed to news or written correspondence.

G6

Same here. I don't own the Burning Serpent (alas) and don't follow strict traditional meanings but to me the differences would be;

messenger -I use it as the direction the sitter will take as far as the solution to the problem. If the messenger is moving right, check the card on the right. If the rider is moving left, check the card on the left. Of course it varies from deck to deck. Also, if there are no card to the right or left of the messenger, it's moving towards the void. No decision as to what to do has been taken or no decision can be taken at that moment when the reading is being done.

letter - ALL types of messages, from emails to doctor's prescriptions to diary pages to newspaper pages/headlines. To me, it's THE message card par excellence.

Stork - moving (physical or mental) and change. No message here.

Owl - close-knit group (friends, co-workers, or other), parties and cliques. Depending on surrounding cards, their ideas and talk can be discovered.

Mouse - annoyance and bad eating habits (munching). I have NOTHING against the mouse although I know it is the card for loss.

Thanks, it's good to remember the lenormand is read from a more directional perspective as well as sequential, right? Stork does say moving or positive change, something new. In Burning Serpent, the Owl and the Mouse is separate from the Mice card. The Owl and the Mouse is number 12 card and it stands for communication. Not sure what the traditional lenormand card is for that one?

decan

The Owl and the Mouse in the Burning Serpent corresponds to the Birds in the classical Lenormand.
The Burning Serpent is an atypical Lenormand. Personally I like it and it is because of this deck that I realized my connection to the Lenormand, before I haven't felt attraction towards Lenormand.

CosmicBeing

Whip = this card is high emotional discussion even a fight; passion & sex.

Owl/bird = talk/conversation

Letter = written correspondence or anything that is in written format such as contracts.

Those are my three contact cards.

GoodnessGracious

Though not highly experienced with Lenormand yet, I have come to learn that the cards representing communication/message for me are the Rider, Letter, and Birds. Whether it's a text message, chatting online, verbal conversations, letter, or e-mail - it doesn't matter. Any type of communication. Garden in my readings seem to represent social media and online networking more than physical meetings and events (thus far, at least). The Whip can also represent communication - arguments, heated dicussions, or a message that sets me off.

The Mice and Stork is not about communication to me. The Mice is stress, worry, anxiety. The Stork is about change, moving, relocation. :)

G6

Whip = this card is high emotional discussion even a fight; passion & sex.

Owl/bird = talk/conversation

Letter = written correspondence or anything that is in written format such as contracts.

Those are my three contact cards.

Okay, in this deck the Whip is Cat o' Three Tails (looks like a whip). Good to know it's passionate convo/actions, thanks!

Messenger too for you or no?

G6

Though not highly experienced with Lenormand yet, I have come to learn that the cards representing communication/message for me are the Rider, Letter, and Birds. Whether it's a text message, chatting online, verbal conversations, letter, or e-mail - it doesn't matter. Any type of communication. Garden in my readings seem to represent social media and online networking more than physical meetings and events (thus far, at least). The Whip can also represent communication - arguments, heated dicussions, or a message that sets me off.

The Mice and Stork is not about communication to me. The Mice is stress, worry, anxiety. The Stork is about change, moving, relocation. :)

Interesting about the Garden for social media. I had it recently for a backyard party.

Yes, I guess not for the Stork.