What's more powerful an influence? Knighting of mirroring?

Bonny

All good.

Thank you for the reflection to consider.
Yes, it has troubled me before (his being seperated but not divorced), but I was adamant at the start that it be clear that there not be a three person thing. He assured me she knows it is over between them , but the children still need their cooperation. (Their cooperation has been toxic combat for years now...)

I am not sick with sorrow, thank goodness... hope I won't be either!

Do you think that the Lenormand cards mean all of their innuendos? Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with the potential interpretations that I think we'll they must all be what's going on... But that would be insane...

Thanks ! Hope your day goes well.

B:)

Teheuti

All good.

Thank you for the reflection to consider.
Yes, it has troubled me before (his being seperated but not divorced), but I was adamant at the start that it be clear that there not be a three person thing. He assured me she knows it is over between them , but the children still need their cooperation. (Their cooperation has been toxic combat for years now...)

I am not sick with sorrow, thank goodness... hope I won't be either!

Do you think that the Lenormand cards mean all of their innuendos? Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with the potential interpretations that I think we'll they must all be what's going on... But that would be insane...
Sorry to offer such a downer interpretation. I'd love to see what others have to say about Cross-Woman-Tree with Lilies beneath. The first three cards of a GT are sometimes seen as establishing the setting or theme. I'm sure that some more modern interpretations will be less problematic.

Bonny

Sweetheart, that's fine , and it's not way off ... It's really good to free reflections for possibilities.
It's my GT so it's likely I won't recognise even if things are obvious to others, eh!

Do you think the cards' implications are ALL correct?

I'm interested to know from you what you think to do when some inflections are way out, for example , with tree ... My health is super great at the moment.
Or with Lily when it can mean interaction with a wise man and other times it means great sex.

I'm not sure how to take this. Because my man is not older... But he IS wise (that's one of the things I love about him.)

Thank you for taking time to write onto this T!!!

Blessings,

B:)

Barleywine

Sorry to offer such a downer interpretation. I'd love to see what others have to say about Cross-Woman-Tree with Lilies beneath. The first three cards of a GT are sometimes seen as establishing the setting or theme. I'm sure that some more modern interpretations will be less problematic.

I don't see it much differently. In the bluntest sense possible, Cross-Woman-Tree suggests a woman at risk of a largely inescapable illness caused by pain, fatigue or stress; the alternate meaning of Cross-Woman as "a spiritual woman" doesn't make much sense to me in this context. The Tree is close, so the malady could become serious (it might linger for a while, but the Cross also close implies that the misery could be short-lived). The Book next to the Tree makes me wonder whether there might be an urge to hide the condition. This risk of illness would seem to be the "message for the querent" implied by the first three cards.

I know that the tradition considers the Lilies below the significator to show a morally doubtful character, but morals were most likely stricter (at least superficially) at the time of the PL sheet than they are today. I like the interpretation of "a sorrowful character" a little better, since morality has become such a cultural flash-point. This sorrow could be an important contributor to the stress and thus the illness.

Bonny

Thanks Barleywine,

Wow!

So the first three cards are what you look at to see what is being said to the sitter predominantly?

It's sad at times, but not sorrow to the point of malady.
This might be what you mean by short lived, with cross and tree so close?

I have ways of managing emotions that means while I don't avoid them and they don't miss me, they go pretty quick. The mental stress in those times Id probably what the 'malady' is pointing to.

Neat pick up - very intricate.

Thank you!

Is there anything else about the knighting or mirroring that can relay meaning?

Thanks again one and all!

Bonny

Barleywine

Thanks Barleywine,

Wow!

So the first three cards are what you look at to see what is being said to the sitter predominantly?

It's sad at times, but not sorrow to the point of malady.
This might be what you mean by short lived, with cross and tree so close?

I have ways of managing emotions that means while I don't avoid them and they don't miss me, they go pretty quick. The mental stress in those times Id probably what the 'malady' is pointing to.

Neat pick up - very intricate.

Thank you!

Is there anything else about the knighting or mirroring that can relay meaning?

Thanks again one and all!

Bonny

My thought was the "risk of illness" that might escalate if things go downhill with the relationship situation. I see the GT as generally a 6-12 month look-ahead, so things could change and the "theme" of the reading is giving you an awareness of possible consequences, not necessarily present circumstances.

I haven't looked at any of the knighting I mentioned earlier; I figured you were going to do that and get back to us with your observations.

Bonny

Awesome!

I actually made a selection of GT's for months at a time so this one is just for August.

I started with the knighting but got swamped, I confess!

Started with the knighting within the rectangle & came up with
Garden/park
Ring
Snake
Bear

Is this where I start? Or do I get the knighted cards frm outside the rectangle as well?

So, looking at these four cards:

Park, ring - commitment, public approval, marriage
Park, snake - private conflicts become public
Park,bear - a best circle of friends, a man I already know

Ring, snake - difficult contract, contract with a woman other than ones partner, interrupted relationship
Ring, bear - long standing relationship, financial contract

Snake, bear - act in concert, find another man with detours

From this I would garner,

Long standing relationship becomes, which is difficult, with a man already know involves private conflicts that become public, commitment and public approval.

Or

Marriage of a man I know has its private conflicts become public , turns into a financial contract. (This might be his divorce??)

Is this the process?
Which ones right? BLAH!!! :)

Barleywine

Awesome!

I actually made a selection of GT's for months at a time so this one is just for August.

I started with the knighting but got swamped, I confess!

Started with the knighting within the rectangle & came up with
Garden/park
Ring
Snake
Bear

Is this where I start? Or do I get the knighted cards frm outside the rectangle as well?

So, looking at these four cards:

Park, ring - commitment, public approval, marriage
Park, snake - private conflicts become public
Park,bear - a best circle of friends, a man I already know

Ring, snake - difficult contract, contract with a woman other than ones partner, interrupted relationship
Ring, bear - long standing relationship, financial contract

Snake, bear - act in concert, find another man with detours

From this I would garner,

Long standing relationship becomes, which is difficult, with a man already know involves private conflicts that become public, commitment and public approval.

Or

Marriage of a man I know has its private conflicts become public , turns into a financial contract. (This might be his divorce??)

Is this the process?
Which ones right? BLAH!!! :)

I was thinking more along the lines of a systematic approach rather than scattergun. I would look at the two main significators first (Man and Woman) to see if they share any common themes. Then you could look at the condition of the Heart and whether it's tied in. Andy Boroveshengra recommends looking at the Clouds early in the reading to see where any trouble might lie, although cards close to it seem more telling than knighting. Regarding the "rectangle," since we already know that the significators intersect at the Star and the Ship ("hope" and "longing"), you could look at their knighting (along with adjacent cards) to see whether or not those aspirations have a plausible future. Knighting outside the rectangle would certainly still apply.

Bonny

I'm onto it!!! Following your tracks here. Merci!

It's near midnight here now . So I will certainly relish continuing on with this exploration tomorrow and will post then.

Thank you Barleywine!

Thanks all!

Bonny :)

Bonny

Woman Cross - sorrows will pass by, religious burdened
Woman, Stork - woman experiences/ brings changes
Woman, Lily - woman with sexual interests, love, harmony and peace
Woman, Ring - married, recurrent, feeling trapped
Woman, Tree - spiritual woman, quiet and stable woman

Woman has been experiencing sorrows which will pass by and she experiences changes. She has sexual interest, love, harmony and peace, stable and quiet ... Committed in love - Might be feeling trapped

----

Man, Rider - woman or man comes to you, alert man
Man, Clouds - scared, quick to change, confused
Man, Dog - friends and comrades
Man, Bear - powerful and rich, protection
Man, Park - outgoing, socially committed man, extroverted man

Man who is socially committed and outgoing, has woman coming to him. OR, man comes to ME (??) He is powerful and rich and has protection, friends and comrades. He is scared, confused and quick to change.

---

Heart, bear - passionate love, envy, protective partner, warm man, possessive love
Heart, Path - passionate decision, turning point in love
Heart, Scythe - passionate love, sudden decision, separation
Heart, Tower - love sickness caused by withdrawal of the partner
Heart, Fish - love of money
Heart, Birds - love sickness, pair, pounding of heart
Heart, Mountain - lack of commitment in love, frustration in love
Heart, Snake - affair, seduction, love with detours

Heart is in house of heart

Love that is passionate & possessive from a warm man, which goes through detours, carries with it sudden decision. Lack of commitment in love and withdrawal causes love sickness and pounding of heart.

---

Clouds , Moon - emotional state improves
Clouds. Clover - luck comes back or disappointment
Clouds, Dog - problems with friendship will be cleared up, tarnished judgement
Clouds, Bear - conflict with authorities, a deceptive man
Clouds, Rider - improvement, getting in the know, confusing message

Confusing message, tarnished judgement and conflict with authorise (sounds more like with his ex wife or mother), problems with friendship will be cleared up as luck comes back after disappointment , emotional state improves.

Wow - it's all sounding bumpy - yet passionate - makes sense actually fit where we are up to.

Will have a look at knighting soon ...

Is this is how you would do it?

It's so hard to know what the cards mean together , isn't it?

And then how to select which combinations are the ones that are most likely?

---

FB / (on my own reading. Ha!)
Yes, we have a passionate relationship and he is possessive of me, and while I don't exoerience myself as possessive, I do notice I feel envy sometimes...
Yes, he makes and has made sudden decisions to withdraw but then is passionate and or warm towards me.
Yes he is confused.
Yes, I am stable and quiet and calm - love sickness, yes I feel it due to his withdrawal. thankfully there's no other hurt or affliction.
It's his sudden retreats. Yes, he has protective friends/comrades and is well off.
Amazing that the cards describes all of this. Wow!