Traditions: German vs. French vs. any other

DownUnderNZer

Jason seems to have left out something about the BEAR and BOUQUET for the German System which I am not going to write as it is definitely on AT somewhere. I know as I likely wrote it in places.

Not all things can be handed on a platter. :D

As for your "list" - FOX should have different meanings for the French and German Systems EXCEPT when Fox is looked upon for its "negative traits". E.g. Deceit. Same for both systems in that respect.

In different systems Moon, Fox, Anchor, and maybe one or two others are looked at as "jobs", "career" or "work". I learnt this about a few other systems last year.

As for FISH in the German System it is usually money, abundance, trade, wealth whereas in the French System BEAR is more that. FISH has other meanings with the FRENCH system although "entrepreneurship" can come in to it as well as "trade".

There are only about 5 cards that have different meanings really between the systems and then there are the twists as you put it I suppose.

Learn one system and from a reputable source.

DND :)

Okay.. now... I copied the info from Jase's site (link above) and I put them side by side and preened them very carefully. In the end nine card meanings were exactly alike. (see list below). The other 27 cards were either fairly close I would say, a couple few had same meanings but had some little twist and/or added meanings and in only a few instances they were very different..

So as I was going through these I found myself 'resonating' here and there with a few of the cards from -both- lists. So, it actually left me with more confusion than clarity to pick one list over the other. But the consensus seems to be: Stick with one version! as in ONLY ONE version!

So I noticed some readers (as in many) (won't name names) that are publicly recognized, some with blogs, and youTubes etc, are actually mixing and adding on a little bit the meanings to cards, and in some cases seems to me quite a bit.

So here's my question: Is the suggestion to stick with one trad more for neophytes and until they are up to speed, then, and only then maybe begin to mix & add as 'inner-prompted'? because I have to say, now that I'm seeing meanings in black & white I won't be able to get the other meanings I 'left behind' from the other tradition out of mind. I can see that one happening already..

Or, should I just focus on the cards that are very different meanings and pick the lists based on those alone?

Here's the 'exact' card meaning list for both German and French trad's:

1 Rider
3 Ship
4 House
14 Fox (depending position next to neg or pos cards)
17 Stork
20 Garden/Park
22 Paths/Crossroads
24 Heart
26 Book

These are the cards 'exact' except with little twists or add-on meanings:

21 Mountain
27 Letter
34 Fish

DownUnderNZer

Jason left out a meaning for BEAR for the French System as well which is a tad wee important.

Have not looked at all his meanings and probably will not as I do not need to I feel.

Jason seems to have left out something about the BEAR and BOUQUET for the German System which I am not going to write as it is definitely on AT somewhere. I know as I likely wrote it in places.

As for your "list" - FOX should have different meanings for the French and German Systems EXCEPT when Fox is looked upon for its "negative traits". E.g. Deceit. Same for both systems in that respect.

In different systems Moon, Fox, Anchor, and maybe one or two others are looked at as "jobs", "career" or "work". I learnt this about a few other systems last year.

As for FISH in the German System it is usually money, abundance, trade, wealth whereas in the French System BEAR is more that. FISH has other meanings with the FRENCH system although "entrepreneurship" can come in to it as well as "trade".

There are only about 5 cards that have different meanings really between the systems and then there are the twists as you put it I suppose.

onesun

Thanks for your takes/suggestions. Especially the last..hmm.. seems to be a running commentary 'pick ONE system.. Thing is 'reputable' is relative.. Guess I have to find that one out thru personal experience. :)