winning the Queen of Swords

RunningWild

I think I'd have to agree with RWCarter here. That mental bickering is what keeps both the Queen and the King of Swords on their toes. They would find it endearing, no doubt.

But I told a friend about this conversation and she wondered over who would spend the most time in front of the mirror! :laugh:

The reason I wouldn't choose any of the Knights is because of their immaturity.

The King of Wands, like I posted before, maybe, but it wouldn't be for the longterm. And I think the Queen of Swords would likely always be on her guard with him because he could wander off at any moment so she's more likely to withhold so that she couldn't get hurt.

The way I see the Queen of Swords is someone who, on one side, is quick-tongued, witty, intelligent. And on the other side, this Queen isn't loose with her feelings. She's watchful, wary. She's not going to give her heart (if she has one left) to just any schmoe who's more than likely going to run off once he's bored. She's in self-protection mode.

That's just my take on things.

As for the Magician? I'm not sure she could be woo-ed, though silver-tonged devil he may be. She'd probably find him amusing in a distracted sort of way, looking for his bag of tricks, determining which of his strings she could pull to get her what she wanted. She can be cunning, wily, after all.

Amanda

Win her, yes. And then run off to find another challenge.

That sounds like the Knight to me... I don't think the King of Wands would ever get bored with the Queen of Swords, she would be a constant challenge. They would be a good power-couple; a dynamic duo that feeds off one another.

caridwen

Hello guys,

Hope I have posted it in the correct forum. =)
Just a little thought... about the Queen of Swords..
How would one go about seducing/winning that woman?
To get her to let down her guard and win her trust
Which knight or king would do the best job?

Or maybe it isnt even possible and one would just
grow into it so to speak... No pushing..

All inputs welcome

Cheers

J

In order to seduce a Queen of Swords you would first have to be totally sincere. She is perceptive and will be able to see through game playing and manipulation. She deeply appreciates honesty, sincerity and integrity.

We aren't always attracted to people like ourselves so I can't see a Queen of Swords only attracted to another Sword. Who we are attracted to depends on so many things and at what stage in our life we are.

The Queen is ruled by the intellect but deeply reflective. She is a thinker whereas the King is a doer. In the RWS the Queen can see above the clouds and contemplates her sword. So she is clear headed and appreciates clearness of purpose in others. That doesn't mean that she is only attracted to intellectual sparring.

She is not ruled by her emotions but by her intellect so she will not follow her heart. She will do what she knows to be 'right' or true and will do the honourable thing. I can't imagine this Queen being attracted to a married man for example or someone who is ultimately unsuitable. She reflects and does not act on impulse.

To win her trust you would have to prove yourself trustworthy. If you are not, she will see through you.:)

SunChariot

Hello guys,

Hope I have posted it in the correct forum. =)
To get her to let down her guard and win her trust
Which knight or king would do the best job?

Or maybe it isnt even possible and one would just
grow into it so to speak... No pushing..

All inputs welcome

Cheers

J

Well since you said all input is welcome, this may or may not be helpful but here goes.

I don't tend to see the Courts as people, but rather as qualities or advice that the reading is asking the querent to make use of when dealing with the particular question asked in the reading.

The Queen of Swords, for me is about openly sharing your thoughts with others, telling them all that is on your mind, no holds barred, just letting them all out, in a kind gracious, caring way. To me the Queen of Swords coming up in a reading tells the querent that this is the best way to behave in the situation to get the best results. (For me, Swords=our thoughts, and the Queens=working together to achieve a common goal or to improve teh situation, cooperation, teamwork, even compromise at time, but mainly working together in harmony towards a common goal)

Alhough I do not see the Courts as people per se, it could happen. EG if I asked what kind of person will X be, and The Queen of Cups would come up....it would simply mean a very open and trusting person, who talks easily about her thoughts and does not hold them back and works well together with others.

How to "seduce" her, I would imagine to treat her in the same way. I don't think she woudl be drawm to people who are secretive and closed about their feelings it is not in her nature to be that way. She would be drawm to open, trusting and joyful people who are not afraid to share who they are openly.

How to get her to let down her guard and to trust? It's alerady down. She is a very trusting person by nature. She guard is not up to begin with. She is all about openly sharing who she is with another and about them openly sharing who they are with her. That is what means most to her. So, for my Queen of Swords, her guard is not up, she has no walls around her thoughts, or no worry about sharing them openly and completely. It she had those walls up or her guard up, she would not BE the Queen of Swords, to me.

Babs

nisaba

You'd hav to be interestedf in her mind, not her body. Conversation, intelligent conversation, is what she finds seductive. If you cannot maintain that through the years, she is not the girl for you.

Maelin2

Smart yes - but witty may put too playfull a turn on that smart. Remember the Q of Sw is often the widow card, and if she is not a widow per se, she certainly has had her share of heartache - the real kind, when you lose parents, loved ones, watch children struggle, broken marriages. She is looking for a man she can respect who can look that gaze in the eye. She sees the world as it is, although if she is still upright and herself not reversed, she still hopes - and she still wants the world to be what is good and right. The knights are worth looking at( they are after all fun....), but it is the Kings who might woo her, and I'd suggest any of the four, with the exception maybe of the K of Wands, who might just be too exhausting at this point ( Where was he when she herself was a knight?). Pentacles will ground her, Cups will calm her, Swords will challenge her.

scarlatina

In order to seduce a Queen of Swords you would first have to be totally sincere. She is perceptive and will be able to see through game playing and manipulation. She deeply appreciates honesty, sincerity and integrity.

We aren't always attracted to people like ourselves so I can't see a Queen of Swords only attracted to another Sword. Who we are attracted to depends on so many things and at what stage in our life we are.

The Queen is ruled by the intellect but deeply reflective. She is a thinker whereas the King is a doer. In the RWS the Queen can see above the clouds and contemplates her sword. So she is clear headed and appreciates clearness of purpose in others. That doesn't mean that she is only attracted to intellectual sparring.

She is not ruled by her emotions but by her intellect so she will not follow her heart. She will do what she knows to be 'right' or true and will do the honourable thing. I can't imagine this Queen being attracted to a married man for example or someone who is ultimately unsuitable. She reflects and does not act on impulse.

To win her trust you would have to prove yourself trustworthy. If you are not, she will see through you.:)

Sorry, no one can impress the Queen of Swords.

Just kidding :) I agree with Cardiwen. King of swords and queen of swords sounds like a horrible match, the king of swords is too cold, and if queen of swords is the "water" of swords cards so you would be dealing with someone who is still emotional/intuitive. Meaning be as genuine as possible because you will look like an idiot otherwise as she will see right through you anyways and would like for you to have a personality. As far as getting her attention, she would appreciate somebody that is articulate and very intelligent. I can't speak to any of the cards kings/knights specificlly, maybe pentacles cards because they are not overly complicated and they follow through with what they say and the sensuality would interest her. The knights are not going to be good enough.

obeygravity

I'm very much a Queen of Swords type and I'll be honest, the only kinds of guys that can really spark my interest are either King of Swords or King of Wands types, though I am pretty lucky to be involved with someone who's a healthy mixture of the two. The King of Wands is alluring in that he helps get the queen of swords out of her comfort zone. He offers a sense of excitement and thrill that the queen would otherwise not outright search of her own volition. It also, in turn, causes her to warm up a little bit, making her a softer queen of swords than the otherwise cold and distant one that people are accustomed to dealing with. the King of Swords offers a match of wits and intellect. He knows what to say to keep her interested and has a similar mentality when it comes to dealing with situations that she does. This duo can be just as bad as good, though. Too much swords energy can make the pairing go cold and stale. As a queen of swords type, there's a welcomed challenge to dealing with the king of swords because it, again, forces her to get a bit outside of her box to keep things going.

The King of Cups is too emotional and the King of Pentacles could be a good match but the two speak a different language. I imagine they could be a good pairing if they were business partners or had a far less romantic based relationship. But of them all I think the King of Wands probably has the best chance. He knows how to burn the relatively quiet fire inside of her and she knows how to temper his flame.

obeygravity

That sounds like the Knight to me... I don't think the King of Wands would ever get bored with the Queen of Swords, she would be a constant challenge. They would be a good power-couple; a dynamic duo that feeds off one another.

That's what I was thinking. I think it's interesting how many people are suggesting the King would run off so quickly. That's something that I would definitely associate with Knight of Wands behavior.