8 of swords as a trait admired?

knowhere

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board, as you can see by my number of posts hahaha and still trying to get a hand at reading tarot :) although mostly I use it as a way to exercise my intuition

I'm kind of stuck at one of my readings, currently for myself. It's kind of difficult to see the 8 of swords card regarding what someone loves about me? Anyone have any thoughts on how to interpret this as such?

Sharla

Seems like they see you as vulnerable and someone who plays the victim.

Maybe they like this about you because they then think they are able to call the shots.

PeonyInLove

Maybe they admire that you keep your mouth shut lol that even when tormented you don't respond? Maybe you turn a blind eye to certain things even if they bother you and they like that?

Mystica7

Hmm, it could also be that the person in question is too pre-occupied with himself and his problems to take the time needed for admiring another's qualities.

ana luisa

In certain readings this card shows as having highly sexual overtones. I don't know if your question relates to romance, though.

LeFou

Maybe: innocent, impractical, naive (in a sweet way).

AnemoneRosie

Watch out for this person! They like to be the rescuer in the relationship. Even when you don't need help they will try to rescue you from whatever they perceive to be the problem. And it may be that what they see as a problem you actually want or need. It can cause significant friction.

Grizabella

All answers are very good. They love it that they can be the one making the decisions and you're willing to just be bound by whatever they dictate rather than violating the pecking order. I think this could apply to the fundamentalist Christian perspective that the man is the dominant one in the relationship. He's "head of the household" and handles all the money, makes all the decisions, disciplines the kids and determines all the rules and regulations for the household. This isn't always the case in Christian religions, but many times it's seen as how a family should function.

The rescuer is a good example too. They like it that you're someone who needs rescued so they can "fix" you, but if you take off the blindfold and ropes, then problems will arise because you don't need "fixing" anymore and can make your own decisions and do your own thing.

Amanda

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board, as you can see by my number of posts hahaha and still trying to get a hand at reading tarot :) although mostly I use it as a way to exercise my intuition

I'm kind of stuck at one of my readings, currently for myself. It's kind of difficult to see the 8 of swords card regarding what someone loves about me? Anyone have any thoughts on how to interpret this as such?

What can you admire about the person in the card?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, knowhere! Please check your PMs.