Knight of cups as feelings

Dartellus

Hi!

I saw a lot of king of cups in this position, but the Knight is the first time...specially the cups.

Looking to the card, i see the classical "Knight in shining armor", specially because he as a cup in his hand. So, for feelings i would see the classical "Platonic love" or feeling that this person is expecting to the querent be the knight in shining armor.

I can see as well as a sign of not mature feelings (Might be romantic), like the king, but not so immature like the page.

So, what you people think?

Thanks for the help!

RiverRunsDeep

I agree with you, Dartellus.
I see the Knight of Cups as a "romantic", someone whose feelings
are based on an idealistic, rather than realistic, viewpoint.
I also see the Knight of Cups as someone who may feel chivalrous,
and have a sense of honor and duty in regards to helping or "rescuing"
someone.

Dartellus

I agree with you, Dartellus.
I see the Knight of Cups as a "romantic", someone whose feelings
are based on an idealistic, rather than realistic, viewpoint.
I also see the Knight of Cups as someone who may feel chivalrous,
and have a sense of honor and duty in regards to helping or "rescuing"
someone.

Hi RiversRunsDeep!

Interesting, but you see the chivalrous point of view as feelings for the other person?
I totally agree as a person, but in feelings could mean that the person in question feels that need to rescue the other person?

Thanks for the insights!

SA12

Just fyi, Knight of Cups can also be a loose-lipped lothario, if he's ill-dignified or reversed -- like the worst kind of manipulative player. (By contrast, the "notorious" Knight of Wands guy is pretty obvious when it comes to the 'hit it and quit it' business, but "Casanova" Cups might try and lead you on...)

Also, depending on other cards, a weak Knight of Cups might mean he's just not interested or has other emotional issues (i.e. a 'wishy washy' dreamer who has no priorities other than himself) that may raise some red flags. I'm saying all this because no card is an 'island' unto itself in a spread. And even if Mr. Knight of Cups is upright/dignified and the sentimental/romantic feelings are there, I'd still suggest looking to your summary energies and other cards before you leap ahead with the same level of unabashed dreaminess...

ps. Remember too the distinction between Kings vs. Knights: a dignified King of Cups has mastery of his emotions, so the sensitivity is present, but he's less of an adolescent about it; the Knight is still evolving...

RiverRunsDeep

Hi RiversRunsDeep!

Interesting, but you see the chivalrous point of view as feelings for the other person?
I totally agree as a person, but in feelings could mean that the person in question feels that need to rescue the other person?

Thanks for the insights!

I think it's a possibility. I think of the Knight's chivalry as feelings of protectiveness towards the person, maybe in a brotherly or platonic way
as you mentioned. That was my first thought, but the Knight could just
as easily have more romantic feelings as well. I guess it could depend on
the surrounding cards in the spread. Sorry, I know that is not very helpful...

Dartellus

Just fyi, Knight of Cups can also be a loose-lipped lothario, if he's ill-dignified or reversed -- like the worst kind of manipulative player. (By contrast, the "notorious" Knight of Wands guy is pretty obvious when it comes to the 'hit it and quit it' business, but "Casanova" Cups might try and lead you on...)

Also, depending on other cards, a weak Knight of Cups might mean he's just not interested or has other emotional issues (i.e. a 'wishy washy' dreamer who has no priorities other than himself) that may raise some red flags. I'm saying all this because no card is an 'island' unto itself in a spread. And even if Mr. Knight of Cups is upright/dignified and the sentimental/romantic feelings are there, I'd still suggest looking to your summary energies and other cards before you leap ahead with the same level of unabashed dreaminess...

ps. Remember too the distinction between Kings vs. Knights: a dignified King of Cups has mastery of his emotions, so the sensitivity is present, but he's less of an adolescent about it; the Knight is still evolving...

Hi SA12!

Hahahaha, yeah, i see this knight as casanova as well.
Interesting the points that you raised about the blocked knight.
Yeah, even the 2 of cups is not certain "love" if the rest of the spread is no favorable.
The page of cups looks more like teenager about the emotion.

Thanks for the help and the insights!

Dartellus

I think it's a possibility. I think of the Knight's chivalry as feelings of protectiveness towards the person, maybe in a brotherly or platonic way
as you mentioned. That was my first thought, but the Knight could just
as easily have more romantic feelings as well. I guess it could depend on
the surrounding cards in the spread. Sorry, I know that is not very helpful...

Hi RiverRunsDeep!

Don't apologize! At least not for this :laugh:

You brought a very interesting thought, that made a lot of sense regarding, even the person that i'm thinking about in this card.
That's why i was so interested in the interpretation that you brought.

This person could feel in this way, i think it's the platonic one or your interpretation.

I really liked!

Thanks a lot for the help and the insight!