Unusual Rider waite deck

Luna-Ocean

Hi there

I was just browsing on ebay and came across this deck ( J.K. Rider Waite Tarot by Seigan Nakajima, it says OOP and also it comes with book not sure if this will be in Japanese or English, but the style of this deck is interesting, bright and colourful.

I'm not sure if i'm willing to pay £100 for it, but would be interested to find one that was much more cheaper? also does anyone know the history of this decks printing, just put this in AT searches but i couldn't find anything.

Luna-Ocean

I never heard of it before, but I found a blog post about it. It looks like a nice set.

http://tarot.zerosummer.org/items/show/250

Hi closrapexa

Thanks for the link, yeh i don't think i've ever seen this deck before either? but got to say the more i see the cards the more i want it, oh my poor bank balance.

Some details from the blogs author, they have two copies of this deck. only one copy is part of a complete set and the other copy is in a tan inner box, but without any of the other components of the set.

Date of deck - 1975 original version

I wonder if anyone on AT has got one of these?

Luna-Ocean

It's a Japanese rendition of the Rider Waite deck, OOP but definitely goes for way less than £100 in the Japanese market.

Here's a like new copy on Amazon Japan right now for 4000 yen, which is about £25 excluding shipping.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/タロット入門と占い-ア...TF8&qid=1382196233&sr=8-1&keywords=4803306966

Hi EnchantedShadow

Thanks for the details, yes Amazon have sellers that are selling their copies much cheaper. i'm just going to see which one will send over sea's?

Bluefeet

Hi EnchantedShadow

Thanks for the details, yes Amazon have sellers that are selling their copies much cheaper. i'm just going to see which one will send over sea's?

Hi Star* :)

Yes, try add one to your cart and see if you're able to check out, if not, you might have to message the vendors and ask for international shipping option.

Good luck!

Bluefeet

I wonder if anyone on AT has got one of these?

I believe the blog belongs our own member Annabelle, so maybe you would like to PM her and find out about more details.

roppo

Just for your information. JK Waite was published as a set of a book and a deck.

Those under 4000yen in Amazon Japan are book only, no deck.

rwcarter

I have 2 copies of the JK Waite. Companion book is in Japanese. At least one copy has the cards in the leather pouch. I find it amazing that such a little thing as flipping the direction of the Fool can so drastically change the interpretation of the card.

My time is tight today, but if you have some specific questions about the deck, I'll try to answer them.

Rodney

Luna-Ocean

Just for your information. JK Waite was published as a set of a book and a deck.

Those under 4000yen in Amazon Japan are book only, no deck.

Hi roppo

Just got your pm and checked again there are two sellers that will do over seas shipping, but its abit expensive with having to use amazon prime account. I will wait when i have the funds available.

Thanks again