Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

reall

@ Gulliver

most important thing to vote!

will it be uniformed deck/or not= that is working or more *artistic*

if yes uniformed working then well need to vote more/agree on borders titles names num etc

if no *artistic* no need for anything above!XD ))))
(n everyone get the chance to design all cards element by wish+ more diversity!)))

definition;
working deck means we plan to use it for reading

artistic deck means it could be bit harder for use but great collectable!
not uniformed images shows the artistic and imaginative abilities of the artist that drew it.

trzes

I am fine with almost everything.

I am even fine with limiting the artwork to be readable (although it doesn't make much sense to me), as long as I am not the one who has to decide about a specific card whether that still matches the requirements of being readable. But I wish the core team fun and strong nerves when fighting about such a decision })

But I definitely want the possibility to have a printed copy. If that should turn out to be an issue, I would be willing to have the printing organised and the decks delivered to those who want a copy. Printers Studio will do that even in small numbers at reasonable prices. I would be fine though to limit he supply to those who contributed o the deck.

Or is there anybody of the people creating the cards who would actively object against having their cards printed?

Gulliver

I didn't read the last 2 sides...annabel398 told me, that most of you would prefer a decision instead of a poll. Meanings please? She didn't answer yet (I don't know in which time zone she is)

Reall, we have to wait a bit...

Marirowana

The question is: poll or not poll? I've got a message from annabel398, that the most of you would prefer a decision. So (the poll would be ready in some minutes), if you agree (not to do a poll), so I would say annabel398 will decide and will here declare the technical details (we will take over these technical details in a new thread, which will also being for showing the finished images.

Technical details:

A card size

B borders (yes/no)

C numbering of the majors (yes/no)

D titles and potential numbers of the majors added by the artists or by annabel398

E titles on the top or at the bottom

F Do we want to print the deck (yes/no)

It's good if Annabel decides on those technical details, (A and B) and have the details posted in a new thread :)

But we DO can do a poll about the rest of the points, after A and B are fixed.

@ Gulliver

most important thing to vote!

will it be uniformed deck/or not= that is working or more *artistic*

if yes uniformed working then well need to vote more/agree on borders titles names num etc

if no *artistic* no need for anything above!XD ))))
(n everyone get the chance to design all cards element by wish+ more diversity!)))

definition;
working deck means we plan to use it for reading

artistic deck means it could be bit harder for use but great collectable!
not uniformed images shows the artistic and imaginative abilities of the artist that drew it.

I getbthe difference, but I still don't really get why it matters - it can be a working deck and artistic deck at the same time I think? Most important is that everyone can create the card as they wish, so artistic, and the LWB and/or titles will make it workable, depending on the poll.

Gulliver

I think, it will be an artist deck, which will work in any case. I agree with Marirowana.

reall

@Gulliver ok! btw I think poll is better its hard to agree like this!XD ;)))
Btw I cant post on vote topic idkw?;)))

@Marirowana it matter because it require less thing to agree on!XD ;))))
and in case we decide on uniform/working deck then its best to annabel decide tehnical details!:)))

tarotbear

But I definitely want the possibility to have a printed copy. If that should turn out to be an issue, I would be willing to have the printing organised and the decks delivered to those who want a copy. Printers Studio will do that even in small numbers at reasonable prices. I would be fine though to limit he supply to those who contributed o the deck.

Or is there anybody of the people creating the cards who would actively object against having their cards printed?

The question here - considering I have been around for 13 years here - is "Has there ever been a 'physical' deck in the AT collaborative decks before? If Yes - what was done?"

If there will be a physical deck (and I hope there will be) then the important decision becomes "A copy for each of the contributors (and Solandia) and not 'For Sale' " or "A deck that is openly for sale to the world " - because the primary source to benefit/profit from the sales of decks HAS to be AT, folks, and not any one individual. (Not that I am accusing anyone of greed.)

BTW - has anyone asked Solandia about what she thinks about this ... yet?

Marirowana

The question here - considering I have been around for 13 years here - is "Has there ever been a 'physical' deck in the AT collaborative decks before? If Yes - what was done?"

If there will be a physical deck (and I hope there will be) then the important decision becomes "A copy for each of the contributors (and Solandia) and not 'For Sale' " or "A deck that is openly for sale to the world " - because the primary source to benefit/profit from the sales of decks HAS to be AT, folks, and not any one individual. (Not that I am accusing anyone of greed.)

I searched, but some pages are very well hidden in these purple caves ;) Do you know of any printed deck, TB?

Ofcourse, no profit for anyone, and if it will be printable it will be just for AT members, I think. We are working with people's artwork, we might have to think about copyright? And saying something like 'by posting your card here, you agree with printing and distributing non-profit blabla..' I don't know.

I think Gulliver had contact with Solandia :)

Flames

Yes. I agree. Just for AT Members.