the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

karenquilter

I'm glad to see the Phantomwise Tarot on the AT cards site. Good work!

alizarin

I know it's been awhile, but I have double the news today so I hope that makes up for it!

Firstly, the sixes are done! I really had no idea what to do with them until I went back to my minor theme animals that showed up in the twos and then everything started to make sense.

Sixes are posted on page two of the tarot minors gallery.

And secondly, my dear friend Kythryne who is an extraordinary jewelry designer (Wyrding Studios) has created a limited edition jewelry series made from miniature prints of the Phantomwise Major Arcana.

There are only 3 copies of each card, and they go on sale tonight, August 1st at 8pm Eastern time. You can see previews of them here, on Kyth's photostream. The back of each card is numbered and signed by both artists. The wirework is amazing, and the tiny prints (they're only about 1"x1.5") really came out well.

Sevens will be forthcoming, hopefully sooner rather than later! Right now I'm hoping to have the numbered minors done by the end of the year, and the courts done in early '09.

SilentBreeze

The more new cards I see, the more I like this deck. Can't wait till it's finished.

annabubble

That jewelry is beautiful. I am completely gutted I won't be able to get any of it :(. I particularly adore the lovers.

And the cards are gorgeous, as per usual ;).

anna x

GreenMoonBeam

OH. WOW. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :love:

GB! :):

Chronata

oh...Be still my Heart!

The sixes are...well...eveything they should be! Kitties, bunnies (and tea! Yay!) pups, and crows...I ddidn't think I could love this deck any more than I did before...but I can't help it!
Each new card is a treat, a feast...a delight.

If I wasn't so incredibly broke...I would buy one of the pendants in a heartbeat! They are really lovely. The wirework perfectly compliments the prints.

Lavandula

The sixes are perfect! I'm just loving your interpretations and I can't wait to see the rest of the cards as they develop.

The pendants are gorgeous too. If I can narrow it down to just ONE, then Wyrding Studios might have a sale ;)

alizarin

Hi there! It's been awhile, I know.

The sevens drove me batty, and just could not decide what they wanted to be. Tricksy things. I figured if I just didn't worry about them and worked on other stuff long enough they'd come around, and they did. They insisted on having a ninja, though, since the deck already had a pirate. That's fair, I think.

They're posted in the tarot minors gallery here and I rather like them, even though they gave me a very hard time.

Hopefully the eights will be more cooperative.

Chronata

7s really are tricksters...each and every damn one of them! :D

Perfection...

But then I'd expect nothing less!

alizarin

The eights took far too long. But the pentacles are fairly festive, so maybe they were just waiting for the holidays.

They're up in the gallery.

Happy Holidays!

The Phantomwise Tarot will be completed sometime in 2009, barring any unforeseen circumstances.