I can't figure out the queens of wands...

swordandflame

These are all great explanations...I just wanted to add that sometimes with reading court cards, it helps to keep in mind the overall element that particular type of court card governs. So all Queens have their primary element governed by their suit (in this case, fire/wands), but all Queens by default are water/cups.

So, specifically, the Queen of Wands represents someone whose primary approach to their emotions is influenced by fire. To me, this means a person who is fiery, passionate and often very in touch with their sexuality. She doesn't just sit around thinking about what she wants...she goes out there and takes action to get it! She doesn't shy away from challenging matters of the heart or beat around the bush.

Grizabella

Drama queen.

:(

I'm usually the Queen of Wands, being a Sagittarian. I'm also very creative and energetic. I can't always be as active as I want due to lupus and fibro, but the desire and idea is certainly always there.

I don't see myself as a drama queen, but I can see how a Queen of Wands could be. I already had so much drama I landed in the middle of when I entered this life, I really didn't have time to be a drama queen from birth to 40 years old. After that, things calmed down and got better and I was just so shell-shocked and in need of healing that I was glad to leave chaos and turmoil alone.

Debra

Ok, good point.
How about this:
Queen of wands has "stage presence."
Reversed, she's the crazy lady ;)

Brilliance

These are all great explanations...I just wanted to add that sometimes with reading court cards, it helps to keep in mind the overall element that particular type of court card governs. So all Queens have their primary element governed by their suit (in this case, fire/wands), but all Queens by default are water/cups.

So, specifically, the Queen of Wands represents someone whose primary approach to their emotions is influenced by fire. To me, this means a person who is fiery, passionate and often very in touch with their sexuality. She doesn't just sit around thinking about what she wants...she goes out there and takes action to get it! She doesn't shy away from challenging matters of the heart or beat around the bush.

As someone with Sagittarius Sun, Leo Moon, Leo Ascendant, Aries Midheaven, Sagittarius Venus and Leo Jupiter (strongly fire dominant natal chart) I wholeheartedly agree with you! :)

The Queen of Wands is my significator card and also my personal favorite one in the Minor Arcana. It is so me! :)

On the other hand (meaning negative side) Queen of Wands has a "me, me, me!" approach, she can be a drama queen, selfish and "too much" in general.

PAMUYA

This Queen is all about spot light and drama. She needs it to thrive. She will live through her kids, and then take the credit, they take after her. She is high maintenance, need phrasing constantly. She is alluring, and highly sexual.She is rarely the other woman, she has to be the only woman.

lucifelfalling

Oh no. I am the crazy lady. :(

But I get that. The idea of an energetic, passionate person. As opposed to a queen of pentacles who is first and foremost nurturing. Or a queen of cups who has more of a graceful lady to her. Or a queen of swords who is... uh... ruthless.

Padma

They are more than what you describe them to be, Lucifel - for instance, Qu of Swords could be called discerning, not ruthless - and Qu Cups could be called compassionate, rather than graceful...Qu Pents can be capable, rather than nurturing - and Qu Wands can be a self-starter, rather than dramatic.

That is the thing about the Courts - can't be so easily stuffed into a pigeon hole. You have to see them in a broader spectrum, with *both* their good and bad aspects - in order to see them clearly :)

Grizabella

Ok, good point.
How about this:
Queen of wands has "stage presence."
Reversed, she's the crazy lady ;)

LOL yeah, I'll go for stage presence. I kind of stand out in the crowd here where I live, I suppose. I wear leggings or yoga pants and big shirts or long flowy dresses and my hair is long down to my waist. I push my little dog around in a dog stroller. I haven't seen very many people similar to me, but I'm not doing it for attention. I just like dressing this way and Gypsy is so little that I worry she'd get stepped on or run over if I didn't put her in the stroller. I have a long black velvet cloak I choose instead of a coat in winter. And I wear some pretty "stage-y" jewelry a lot of the time. I was just thinking about this yesterday in fact, because it occurred to me that I wonder what people are thinking when I come out of my apartment. I don't really worry about what anyone thinks----it just occurred to me that I must look kind of eccentric.

MissChiff

I'm a Scorpio moon in cancer so I would be the QoC....But I'm a Scorpio to the max.. I'm jealous, possessive, calculated... That doesn't sound like the queen of cups does it? I think all of our queens hold secrets.

PAMUYA

I'm a Scorpio moon in cancer so I would be the QoC....But I'm a Scorpio to the max.. I'm jealous, possessive, calculated... That doesn't sound like the queen of cups does it? I think all of our queens hold secrets.

Yes, the queen of cups is all of those things, of all the queens she is probably the most unstable. Although she keeps things to herself, and seems calm, inside she can be a mess.