Ludy Lescot - Kings and Queens

Hemera

I´m sorry I can´t help much with this either. They look like astrological and astronomical devices and the big wheel looks like it´s from a huge clock. I thought a clock could somehow tie this king to the mundane world and all those practical things that man can measure?

RunningWild

Time?

Because he's "fire of earth," I believe, is why the chain around his neck has the alchemical symbol for fire/male.

But the gears in the background, to me, seem to signify a passing of time which is very very slow. A type of "nose to the grindstone" kind of attitude.

And just today I noticed the light down toward the bottom of his staff/scepter. I suppose it could be a reflection of light bouncing off it, brilliant because of the material from which it's made, but what if it's a sign of spirituality coming from this very earthy man?

Winterchild

Queen of Wands

I did a three card reading asking what is real, what is hidden and what is false in my life right now and over the next couple of days. Full readings is on my blog. This card came up as what is false, here is what I wrote:

3. What is false? - Queen of Wands

The Queen of Wands holds up a sunflower which she stares at intently, as if trying to work out how it came to be, or how it is made. Beside her is a stone statue of a lioness... related to the night energy of the moon and strength, and dignity. The lioness sits between the Queen and the throne. The throne is topped with a carved tudor style rose as we have seen before in this deck. The rose is a symbol of love and passion and hidden things... this rose is open, possibly the secret is out. The Queen of Wands however does not sit on her throne.... her lioness is made of stone. and maybe that sunflower is not quite alive, it looks dark. This is a Fire card but it seems much of the fire is hidden or subdued.

So what is false? The empty throne, the strength of the lion, the joy of the sunflower? All of them or none? If the lion represents strength and it is nocturnal maybe I need to have power over the darker side of my conscious. Maybe I am in denial. Thoughts anyone?

kaushalyaandfrank

I did a three card reading asking what is real, what is hidden and what is false in my life right now and over the next couple of days. Full readings is on my blog. This card came up as what is false, here is what I wrote:

3. What is false? - Queen of Wands

The Queen of Wands holds up a sunflower which she stares at intently, as if trying to work out how it came to be, or how it is made. Beside her is a stone statue of a lioness... related to the night energy of the moon and strength, and dignity. The lioness sits between the Queen and the throne. The throne is topped with a carved tudor style rose as we have seen before in this deck. The rose is a symbol of love and passion and hidden things... this rose is open, possibly the secret is out. The Queen of Wands however does not sit on her throne.... her lioness is made of stone. and maybe that sunflower is not quite alive, it looks dark. This is a Fire card but it seems much of the fire is hidden or subdued.

So what is false? The empty throne, the strength of the lion, the joy of the sunflower? All of them or none? If the lion represents strength and it is nocturnal maybe I need to have power over the darker side of my conscious. Maybe I am in denial. Thoughts anyone?

Going by the LWB, it may be that certain 'passions' in your life are false. For instance, if your character likes to organize and collect things, then you may be mistaking 'interest' for passion. It seems to say that real passion is fleeting and cannot be controlled, we can only give ourselves up to the experience.

kaushalyaandfrank

Going by the LWB:

QW - as per my post above.

QC - if you try to assume power in a relationship (or otherwise), you will lose out on some element of your humanity.

QP - be selective about your friends or companions, and indeed your pleasures.

QS - be humble and learn from others around you.

KW - make sure you know where the power really resides.

KC - listen to your emotions, they are worth more than wisdom and power combined.

KP - as per Prasomchai's earlier post.

KS - be mindful in seeking 'justice'. What is it, after all?