Gay Tarot - 2 of Cups

Little Baron

The first feeling that I get from this card is 'making contact' - whether that is a self-understanding or an understanding with another.

This would have been a very apt card to have drawn a month ago. I had started a relationship that ended quite quickly and this card sums up the initial contact that was made - the reaching out and meeting of someone. It would have also been quite apt at the closing of the relationship as I found that I had nothing in common with the guy. The fact that the guy is making contact with himself through the mirror shows a mutual appreciation and possibly enjoying the simularities in interest and actraction - whether that is in a sexual relationship or friendship. We had neither and this would have been a gentle hint in that direction for me.

Yabs

Lee

Elentir said:
I ordered my deck through Tarot Garden and have asked that it be one of the ones autographed by Lee :cool:, so he knows better than I when it might arrive!
Elentir, people are now starting to receive the signed decks from Tarot Garden, so hopefully you will have yours soon...

-- Lee

Elentir

Actually, I did receive mine in the mail on Friday! I was so excited, it only took two days to arrive; it definitely made my day. The timing was perfect also because I had a card-reading shift on Saturday from 10 to 5 and if it had arrived on Saturday I wouldn't have been able to take it with me and study during my off-time.

There's so much to learn about this deck, now that I have the whole thing to look at. And the back design is way cool!

I know this is off-topic, but there isn't another spot to ask this: you point out that the aces through the 10s all have a correlation with the Major Arcana I through X. Is there also a correspondence been the XI and the aces, the XII and the twos, etc.? Or, using numerological reduction, the XI and the twos, XII and the threes, etc.?

Lee

Elentir said:
Is there also a correspondence been the XI and the aces, the XII and the twos, etc.? Or, using numerological reduction, the XI and the twos, XII and the threes, etc.?
Nope. At least not that I intended. But you are certainly welcome to utilize such a correspondence, if you can find one!

-- Lee

Elentir

Lee said:
Nope. At least not that I intended. But you are certainly welcome to utilize such a correspondence, if you can find one!

-- Lee

Well, from my first two study-sessions with the deck, I think there might be one that works, but I'll have to look at it again to really get it down before I start trying to promulgate it. The only thing that pops into my head at the moment is that the figure in The Star is like the guy on the skateboard, but I don't remember what pip-rank he is. I'm at work at the moment and don't have the deck with me.

Lee

That's right, that would be a good one. That would be VII Chariot, XVII Star, and the 7's in the pips.

-- Lee

Elentir

Yes, that one in particular *seems* like it couldn't possibly be unintentional! ;) For the other ones, I only remember making thematic associations, not necessarily pictorial ones. I seem to recall relating XV Self-hatred to V The Priest and the other 5s, but I can't picture them all in my head at the moment. Aren't the 5s all images of a couple?

Lee

Umm, the 5 of Wands shows a hockey game with more than two people.

This is an interesting concept, I'd be willing to take a look and see what parallels we can draw. Perhaps, Elentir, you'd like to create a new thread for this?

-- Lee

Elentir

Good idea, but before I do, I'll take another, closer look and make sure that it's not all just in my head!

Shade

I rather like the way this card, as others have said, broadens the meaning of the two of cups. Although we see the images as metaphors sometimes those metaphors can take over. I was a bit hesitant about the idea of a single figure on the card which is a good sign that it was time for a regime change.

Lee, since the first ten majors focus on a haratcre or set of characters do the suits follow chronologically for all of them in the same way.... by that I mean do all 10 (except the magician's hat) go through the wands first, then the cups, or some such pattern or is there not set chronology as to when they take place in their lives? Did that make sense?