What's a Saturn return?

Minderwiz

Just a quick comment on the 'three year' phase. One of the problems is that Saturn returns do not occur in isolation - there are other things going on.

So around 24 you get a second Jupiter return. at 25 and a half, the Saturn sextile to natal saturn, at 27 to 28 Uranus trine to natal Uranus, at about the same time a progressed lunar return, at 28 Neptune sextile to Natal Neptune, and at 29 and a half the Saturn return itself - the years from 27 to 30 may be chaotic but this is not simply the Saturn return.

isthmus nekoi

Belladonna said:
You're laughing at me! That's o.k. I've got a very good sense of humour. But what do you mean by a long time? Months? Years?

Were you really born on my very favorite day of the year ? ;)

Oh my, I'm sorry, that grin was meant to say: Yay no Saturn return for awhile!!! I don't have an ephermeris, but yeah, it won't be coming for over a year. Saturn takes about 2 1/2 years to get through each sign and he entered Cancer..... in May was it? This summer.

And no, I'm not really a Scorp baby.... I am a stodgy old Capricorn ha ha! :p

Minderwiz, ah that makes a lot of sense now! Thanks for clearing that up.

Minderwiz

isthmus nekoi said:
I don't have an ephermeris, but yeah, it won't be coming for over a year. Saturn takes about 2 1/2 years to get through each sign and he entered Cancer..... in May was it? This summer.

250 Hail Marys and Write out 1000 times 'No one can be an Astrologer without an Ephemeris' :) :) :) :)

According to my ephemeris, Saturn entered Cancer on June 4th 2003 at 01:29 GMT and will enter Leo on 16 July 2005 at 12:32 GMT. but it will not be till September 29th 2006 before I experience my second Saturn Return.

punkangelgcm437

Well...lets see, I have awhile before Saturn returns since I was born with Saturn in Sagittarius.

Lets see, Sept 2006 I'll be off to college. Ahhh scary thought! LOL. Mainly cuz I have no idea what I wanna be when I grow up.

K...I know it was a pointless post. :-\

Moongold

Ha Sarah,

You've got lots of time before your first Saturn return :)

However, many people give as much weight to seven year cycles in relation to Saturn. There has been quite a lot of work done on life phases of 7 tears. These life phases usually coincide with times when transiting Saturn is conjunct, opposite or square its natal place (Arroyo p. 80).

These cycles are often marked by physical or psychological changes. Your next one would be in 2008, when you're 21.

Have you heard of the British TV series 7- Up? This followed a group of young British people from the age of 7 up to now. I think it is still going. The next series might be when they are 49. This is based on the 7 year cycle.

Gail Sheehy also wrote a book called Passages: predictable crises in adult life which is based on the 7 year cycle theory.

Minderwiz

One of the best books on the Saturn cycle is Erin Sullivan's Saturn in Transit - which does examine all the sub-cycles in Saturn's journey round the Zodiac from your place of birth.

It's a little heavy going but full of useful information and observations.

isthmus nekoi

lol Minderwiz! Now, are all ephermerises created equal, or are some more precise than others?....... For example, astro.com touts theirs as the most accurate (naturally).

punkangelgcm437 said:
LOL. Mainly cuz I have no idea what I wanna be when I grow up.

Hey, you have plenty of time to decide, and believe it or not, Saturn will help you :) And, Sarah you already *are* someone special now! I don't much like the attitude that you're not *somebody* now, that you're not anyone important b/c you're not grown up yet or don't have a "real" job or don't have dependants etc etc. That's not true. Every stage of your life is important, no matter what you are doing.

re: 7 yr cycles.... What can I say, I just got a Saturn square Saturn. Building up to that, I lost my ability to read my Vertigo deck. After 2... 3 (??) years of solid throws, it just stopped making any real sense to me. Dream symbolism also began to evade my comprehension. (natal Saturn is in 8th) But in all that confusion, it was very very apparent to me that one stage was terminating, another was gestating. Now that Saturn's passed over it is clear now, what has happened and what I'm supposed to do. Ha ha, it is preparing me for the opposition to sun I think!!

Minderwiz

isthmus nekoi said:
lol Minderwiz! Now, are all ephermerises created equal, or are some more precise than others?....... For example, astro.com touts theirs as the most accurate (naturally).

Strangely enough I use a book!! The American Ephemeris for the Twenty First Century - which also has other useful information, including lunations and planetary ingresses.

My AstrolDeluxe Report writer can generate an ephemeris but I almost invariably pick the ephemeris off the book shelf - its often quicker, especially when several dates, months or years are involved.

punkangelgcm437

Replies to Isthmus & 7 Yr Stuff

Isthmus-you're so positive. I know I'm special and age has nothing to do with that, but I just wanna get to be able to do stuff. Yuh know?

I'm trying to think about that 7 year cycle thing. Let's see...I had JUST turned 8 when my mom broke her arm...and that was a pretty big event in my life.

Then when I was 14, I had the whole Chris thing...and the Mary thing. And Marching band. Hmm. I think the 7 year cycle might hold true. Ok...I'm trying to think about my mom. 25+8=33. Hmm...ok her arm breaking wasn't a 7 yr cycle thing. She wasnt married on a mutiple of 7. We might have got her suttlement money from her arm when she was 35. Hmm.

~Thanks Yall~
~Sarah~

isthmus nekoi

Sarah, oh I know the feeling! ^_^ (esp since I'm graduating this year - it's hard to enjoy the present moment w/the threat of unemployment in the not too distant future lol)

Oh, and as for the 7 years thing, that is a rough guide. For example, my Saturn opposition Saturn happened later, when I was 16, and I just had my Saturn square Saturn at 22, not 14 and 21.