Margarete Petersen Study - Five of Feathers - manipulations

firemaiden

Translation:

• Fruitless battle - give up! If I do this, then you could think this and that. Because I know that you might think that, I will say something else, it will confuse you. That will be my triumph. To show you how you manipulate. No, I won't do that then, I am afraid it could be too overt. Actually I want no confrontation, I don't want to hurt anyone. I didn't mean the whole thing that way at all. Noone should think of me that I would...

Abandonment of an imagined triumph -- GIVE UP.

Link to image: Fünf der Federn

Return to MP Index

September Pixie

wow i cant believe no one has commented on this card!

When I first look at this I noticed an orb of 'souls' on top of a feather.. the weight of the orb has cracked the feather in half..

applying this image to a real life situation I would have to say.. the weight of the 'world' is bearing down on the shoulders of the quarent.. the knife being stabbed into the throat/chest of another inside the orb reminds me of the saying "words cut deep".. the two are inflecting pain onto each other.. over all a deeply emotional card.. its definitely a dark place to be but all the more reason to move onward.

firemaiden

Hello September Pixie, I am so delighted that you are here finally to comment on this card! It's a very strange interpretation of the 5 of swords, don't you think?

September Pixie

Yes, I would have to agree! I was browsing through the sections on some other cards when I came across a thread where someone was saying that the cards were designed to be reversed.. This is one of those cards that makes a striking image when flipped! I have been playing around with my deck trying to bond and see what I can learn from it.. This deck is just so beautiful! and so deep, its sure to be one of my main reading decks -- very soon!!

Little Baron

scratches of blood ...

Oh my. This is somewhere I don't want to stay for two long. This scene comes straight from nightmares.

The fingernail scratches of blood across the top are fierce and sting. There are faces in pain and fear. Then, there is one smiling, possibly enjoying the pain that is inflicted. This card makes me feel quite uncomfortable.

One person is about to stab himself in the throat. The feather buckles under the stress.

There is pain inflicted here. Someone inflicts. Someone recieves. Someone wins [however that may be] and someone loses. And I feel it is in the mind or through conversation.

But why am I so shocked by this image and what it conveys. I use words to hurt people on a regular basis. People I am supposed to love!

I call people hurtful names when I am in a temper. I make people feel bad about themselves. I don't use swords, but the traces of blood in someone else mind or heart are just as strong. And I don't actually feel like I have won when I do this, incase you were wondering.

For me, this is a time where someone might hurt another. A time to be responsible about what you think and say. You might not realise just how cutting and effective your cruelty might be on the mind of another.

Not sure that I have completely got the gist of this card, but it is somewhere I want to move on from pretty quickly. I see a lot of self-hurt in this card. I see someone that turns things inwards, as well as outwards.

Mental torture

LB

Michellehihi

Reviving an old thread! I just got this wonderful deck and I am amazed!
Oh my. This is somewhere I don't want to stay for two long. This scene comes straight from nightmares.

The fingernail scratches of blood across the top are fierce and sting. There are faces in pain and fear. Then, there is one smiling, possibly enjoying the pain that is inflicted.
I think the person who is smiling was just rendered totally crazy by such violence. He is just smiling like an idiot.

There is pain inflicted here. Someone inflicts. Someone recieves. Someone wins [however that may be] and someone loses. And I feel it is in the mind or through conversation.

LB
I don't think that someone wins. Both are about to stab each other and both will be hurt. This is the essence of the message of the card, in my view: there is no winners in aggressive attacks, everybody is hurt.