TOADies Anonymous.

rylla

Yesterday I was thinking I was doing relatively well. I ordered a few decks this year (didn't needed them but I had a good reason for buying them :) - same thinking as mentioned in the above post!) , I got some of them I am waiting for other, so I have what to look forward to this whole year. I'm done ordering for this year. End, finish, caput. I draw the line. I was quite OK with the balance for this year.

...just a few hours after this I saw the English Magic tarot thread. Wanna know the result? Do I have to spell it out? (I think I don't but I will). Yah. I couldn't resist. I just ordered it :shhh: }) :|

:party: :party: :party:

journeyinghome

I had said that I wouldn't buy any decks for six months (starting 1st Jan) and then I realised it wasn't a good idea. If I say that and then buy something, I'll feel like "what the heck" and might be tempted by more. (This has happened in the past).

I've come up with a much better plan, for me anyway - I'm allowing myself one purchase between now and 1st July. Strangely, I think this is much tougher but it keeps my "want a new deck" whine in check. Another tactic is that I have noted a deck for each month in my diary that I need to work with. And this also appeals to my logical side - I don't need another deck if I haven't worked with what I've already got! Plus, I have a lot less time these days because of other things going on.

Well this did and didn't happen! I can say that I've sold/gifted/traded a lot of my decks and total number I own has gone down. Also, that I've stuck to my working each month with a deck I've not used properly before. But beware, TOADie friends, evil enablers lurk on AT, ready to snare the unwary into buying more decks :p

Falcor

I have just got my Chrystalis Tarot! I feel as if I have fallen into a fairy tale. The cards are new, smelling good and so pretty =]

To my defense I'll say my father bought them for me.

RavenLuna

I've been so good for months, but I have fallen off the wagon. This time it was for Shadowscapes, which has been on my wishlist for years. I had ordered it about a year ago, but it turned out the ebay seller didn't really have it, so I got a refund. I saw it on offer (with the companion book) so bought it on the spur of the moment. I hope I can read with it!!

DDwarks

I want to the Vision quest Tarot! I hate myself for it!
Been 6 weeks of it's name popping into my head and feeling like my life is incomplete!
So let's say for example I was to swap my Fenestra for it (hint!) would that count as a fail?

Barleywine

Looks like I've only bought one deck so far this year (well, one actually "in hand" anyway, not counting one pre-order and a Kickstarter backing not yet delivered). That one came from a local shop (note to self, stay away from shops, internet is so much easier to resist). But I'll be ordering the Anna K soon, I want another "working" deck and it looks perfect. After that, it's probably back "on the wagon" until next year (the Flornoy Noblet is calling me . . .)

Michellehihi

I looked for a Pen tarot and I found one at $200 and immediately bought it. But after 5 minutes the merchand refunded me because he no longer had the deck...
So I guess it was the spirits of my wallet who protected me!

Achlys

I've been trying to resist but I always browse on here and in Facebook tarot groups that I'm in and people always post reviews and images of lovely decks...and then I go out and purchase them.
Someone send help :O

Tanga

So - my off-the-wagon bit...

I've bought a waterproof Tarot of the Zircus Maji. Which makes that 3 decks this year.
(I figured I was going to stick to 2 a year... which would be fab).

The reason? = I'm shortly to join an out-door ritual group and I suddenly realised that
my 2 existing waterproof decks wouldn't make a good fit for group practice...
And - I can't NOT go with a deck - after all... I am a Tarot Lady of sorts, and particularly
smooth in my own brand, in the Tarot Magick department....

OH NO - what to do???

I browsed and browsed until I found a suitable alternative deck...
Fingers crossed, as it hasn't arrived yet.

Otherwise... requesting my Xmas list to my family has been successful...
I can't wait - it will be a Tarot Themed Xmas.

:angel:

Nemia

My name is Nemia, and I used to be a TOADIE. Yes, I was a perfect TOADIE for about six months and it was great! So great that I allowed myself a little reward. And then another one. And why not another one?

I can't call myself a TOADIE anymore, what a pity. Am I a recovering TOADIE? I really don't know.

Or am I a collector? and was never a real TOADIE?

Let's see how things develop..........