All about Lenormand Cards

Gavriela

Probably she used a Petit Eteilla, which doesn't have much in the way of pictures - and also, regular old playing cards, or a piquet deck.

Seaqueen

Gavriela said:
Probably she used a Petit Eteilla, which doesn't have much in the way of pictures - and also, regular old playing cards, or a piquet deck.

Thanks for the link. That is an interesting deck as well. I think that it all evolved pretty much the same way as the Tarot because we all know that one person didn't just sit down and design the entire 78 cards. It was a collaborated effort throughout the decades and the visions of all the magnificent artists.

I like working with the Lenormand decks and have had some uncanny readings as far as accuracy. I meant to mention this before but in another post you mentioned the full board layout where position one is the rider, position two the clover etc., and depending which card falls on the position from the 36 cards, the two cards are used in combination- I find that systems works quite well too.

The amount of information ascertained by the cards in a full card layout is only as large as the time you allot to the delineation.

Sometimes I just cheat and lay all the cards out even though I only want to know the present vertical line and the one beside it if there is one. That is when I want to know about "now" and "tomorrow".

Gavriela

You must have a bigger table than I do :D

Shame on me - I often do layouts on the sofa cushion, then punch the numbers into waldfee.net's marvellous little reading picture maker, choose the deck I'm working with and voilà - a nice picture of my reading to be studied at leisure instead of cards falling down the sofa cushions (I suppose that could be considered a method of divination itself :D ).

It's way easier than trying to decipher my handwriting a month or two later. The marvels of modern technology :)

Gavriela

Just as an addendum - that awful reading a few pages back happened. The neighbour who put me in the lurch (and stole a fair amount of money from me before taking off for parts unknown) strangely enough has the same name as the German word for birds - they figured into that reading, too.

Now that's downright freaky.

MatPoint

I'm sorry to hear that it materialized, Gavriela.

Does the trouble with the neighbor affected other neighbors too? I'm just curious because of the Garden card.

Gavriela

Don't know what all the fall-out is yet, MatPoint, but I expect at least one other neighbour to be seriously inconvenienced by this.

OUCH.

Seaqueen

Seaqueen said:
LENORMAND CARDS.
If you have any questions about a single card or a couple in combination, I would gladly explain my perspective.

I have a question which I would appreciate some feedback on to confirm what my own findings are.

Female: married, excellent health, middle aged
Using French Cartomancy deck
lady-coffin
tree-mountain

I posted these cards in another thread as well-

Seaqueen

Gavriela said:
You must have a bigger table than I do :D

Shame on me - I often do layouts on the sofa cushion, then punch the numbers into waldfee.net's marvellous little reading picture maker, choose the deck I'm working with and voilà - a nice picture of my reading to be studied at leisure instead of cards falling down the sofa cushions (I suppose that could be considered a method of divination itself :D ).

It's way easier than trying to decipher my handwriting a month or two later. The marvels of modern technology :)
Sounds cooler than cool. Since I am practically glued to this computer, ha-ha I found a solution to the cards falling all over which they have once too often. I put the reading inside a plastice album sleeve. 9 cards to a sleeve, that way only 4 things go flying.
How do you find the meanings of the cards on waldfee. It must be a gigantic database if they do combos as well. It used to be free to use once upon a time.

NoCoolName

my 2 penneth:

lady - coffin: a sudden shock for a lady or the lady is / gets ill
tree - mountain: illness, influenced by blocking out something (the mountain blocks something, therefore the illness has room to spread - the illness is more likely to be a depression)

Does this correspond with your expereince as well?

Regards
NoCoolName

Seaqueen

monkey in a tree, ha-ha

NoCoolName said:
my 2 penneth:

lady - coffin: a sudden shock for a lady or the lady is / gets ill
tree - mountain: illness, influenced by blocking out something (the mountain blocks something, therefore the illness has room to spread - the illness is more likely to be a depression)

Does this correspond with your expereince as well?

Regards
NoCoolName
Hello,
Thanks for your input. It makes sense around the circumstances of this "lady", she would be the type that would not show her innermost feelings & fears either that or she just isn't emotionially connected.
I sensed that about her. Tree can mean family members as well and when I use that meaning combined with the coffin - it would foretell a passing on within family.