Umbrae

Nina*

Lillie!!! You know you want to stick to the Thoth *looking severe*.....

:)

Annabelle

"Just keep it dark," huh? But my dear Umbrae, my daily cocktail of prescription drugs makes me feel so light and happy :D.

Oh wait . . . we're still talking about tarot decks. Hmm...so, the Akron, maybe? Or the Vargo? I loooove the Vargo.... Or the Thoth? I can think of quite a few in my collection that fit into the "dark" category, come to think of it.

Cerulean

Funny Umbrae, I'll lend you a matching kilt as well...

...in all the shiny colors of the Masonic Tarot with the French origins...a few of the cards, I gilded in a mad brush with the sillies and because one of the cards had red eyeballs, I seem to remember...

I'll be glad to take it out and look at it again! I got it on a trip visiting folks in snow country---it was in the bookstore used and out-of-print section and I was attracted to it's retro feel. Thanks again,

Best wishes,

Cerulean

Shade

Oooooohhh... the Black tarot, now there is something I have never goven enough consideration to. Femme fatales as a primary theme/metaphor well dress me in vinyl, slap a copy of the necronomicon in one hand, a cat-o-nine-tails in the other and point me to Tarot garden (translation - I'll order one).

Thank you, Umbrae.

bleuivy

Umbrae said:
Blueivy…but do you own the companion book? That's the key for you.

:eek: Umbrae is actually suggesting I read the companion book to a deck?? This is shocking news indeed, and a suggestion I will give much weight.

So hmmm...the companion book to what??? Williams' Minchiate? (Have it, love it.) The Old Path? The Medieval Scapini??

Must go scour brain (and deck collection) to solve this riddle. :)

Thanks for a great thread, Umbrae! Am really enjoying reading through everyone's suggestions.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Used Gum

Dang nab it!
I jest knew wearing these trousers would get me some of them thar wolf calls!
Of course not shaving my legs for a few weeks may have added to the awesome looks I have been getting, here of late :D

I guess I should give them back, but its under duress, I must exclaim! Actually I have them on under my dress! :laugh:

:heart:Barb Who is attaching the trousers to the underside of the same chair with the used gum she found with them. The duct tape was used for a wild trip through no-no land ;)

Chronata

Ah!

Umbrae...you DO know me quite well, after all...maybe better than I know me!

Le Petit Tarot Erotique is indeed a deck that I need...it's fun and funky, and sexual and primitive, and delightful and humorous...and...and....

UNAVAILABLE! ...of course...

so...yes...I DO know where your trousers are...but I am not telling....so there!

(.do not read the above post.....)

lark

I missed this thread...
If you have time Umbrae, after St Louis.
I'm usually quirky ...but right now I'm fragile.

euripides

So interesting... I'm afraid I hardly know Umbrae yet, being a noobie....

(You'd say the IIT, I expect... what is it with that deck?... it reminds me of those symbols on toilet doors.)

RussianSoul

I would like to be matched too. Is it too late? I am new, don't read professionally, just for me and friends. I am attracted to dark, somewhat romantic art, no cuteness for me. Also, am in somewhat delicate state of mind recently. Please!