Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

New Details of the Visconti and D'Este Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot History & Development

Resident

variantventures 
Resident
New Details of the Visconti and D'Este Tarot

For the past year I've been involved in a little research project to determine the thickness of early playing cards. I've contacted several institutions and received varying degrees of assistance. The hands down winner is the Beinecke Library at Yale University. I asked for some measurements and got back a study. I cannot begin to say enough good things about the staff there. I will remind everyone that the images are the property of the Beinecke Library and if you re-use any of the information within this study you must credit the Library appropriately.

https://www.facebook.com/VariantofNormal/
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Huck 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantventures View Post
For the past year I've been involved in a little research project to determine the thickness of early playing cards. I've contacted several institutions and received varying degrees of assistance. The hands down winner is the Beinecke Library at Yale University. I asked for some measurements and got back a study. I cannot begin to say enough good things about the staff there. I will remind everyone that the images are the property of the Beinecke Library and if you re-use any of the information within this study you must credit the Library appropriately.

Excellent article, thank you. Also thanks to the Beinecke Library.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Resident

Libaws 
Resident
interested but can't find the article

Quote:
Originally Posted by variantventures View Post

Hi,
What a cool thing to research. Was there a standard thickness?
i clicked on your link but i go to the top of your facebook page. I see this is an old thread...But your fb page was cool. I liked the stroll.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.