Tarot Playlists?

Fiver

Does anyone play any particular music while doing a reading? What do you play?

I am a big proponent of playing music while doing a reading. I think it helps me block out distractions and hone in on what the cards are telling me. I think this goes back to my college days and having to listen to music while studying to stay focused.

In particular I like to play music that is very "chill"... Tycho, RJD2, Sigur Ros, thievery corporation, etc.

How bout you? Anyone else incorporated music in their readings?

Zephyros

I like all kinds of things, but nothing comes to mind in terms of improving the reading. At home I prefer wordless music whilst reading, because songs with words tend to draw attention to themselves. World music is good, and I enjoy it, but for Tarot readings I think it's a bit of a cliché.

Handel's Water Music is very good music for reading. In general, English classical music from that era is a surprisingly good accompaniment for a reading.

HallowedNight

Oh excellent! I wondered if anyone else listened to music while reading.

I have different playlists or songs for each deck, sort of. When I'm using my Fantastical Creatures, I either listen to the soundtrack of The Imitation Game or Schubert's String Quartet No. 13 (In A Minor), first or second movement... For my Wild Unknown, I usually listen to the soundtrack to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, specifically either the songs Hagrid the Professor or Double Trouble. c:

I haven't really used my Deviant Moon enough to get some songs together for it, but they'll probably be more soundtrack stuff. I listen to a lot of soundtracks... xP

Philistine

thievery corporation, etc.

How bout you? Anyone else incorporated music in their readings?

Ha! I usually reserve Thievery Corporation for my bouts of insomnia in the car, going for a joyride at 3 a.m. on the highway to get my ya ya's out.

When I do play music, I like some of the lesser-played Chopin nocturnes or preludes in the background. This is totally dorky, but for me it evokes the atmosphere of an old Paris salon after dinner in the 1840s, with fussy ladies having their fortunes told and gossiping by firelight to the tinkle of bone china coffee saucers and the rustle of silks against old furniture. Really gets my imagination and intuition going.

Citrin

I often listen to "brainwave music" by Jeffrey Thompson. :) Don't know if you have Spotify in your country but if you do I can recommend searching for his name on there, they have a couple of albums.

Marcus R

If I'm reading for myself, by myself I sometimes play Ministry of Sound chill out albums, I have quite a few. For others, no music.

Ace of Stars

I often listen to "brainwave music" by Jeffrey Thompson. :) Don't know if you have Spotify in your country but if you do I can recommend searching for his name on there, they have a couple of albums.

I love Jeffrey Thompson too, and Steven Halpert for chill, new age stuff. I like Snatam Kaur's kundalini mantra music, and Deva Premal. I also like chill electronic... Tycho gets played a lot lately.

Deep Focus on Spotify is a great playlist!

LadyV

I usually prefer some light classical. Songs with lyrics distract me.

LindaMechele

Another vote for Spotify's Focus playlists. I like the jazz ones mostly, though the acoustic guitar ones are nice as well. I recently bought a couple bluetooth speakers after being without any kind of stereo system or music-playing-apparatus for years, save Austin City Limits on the dvr. I'm SO loving it now. I'm glad you started this thread, Fiver - lots more great music suggestions to try out.

For my Wild Unknown, I usually listen to the soundtrack to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, specifically either the songs Hagrid the Professor or Double Trouble. c:
Thanks to your suggestion, HN, I'm doing a search for those right now.:thumbsup: LOVE me some Harry Potter. Especially Hagrid.

Edited to add ~ Found 'em! LOVE 'EM!

HallowedNight

Thanks to your suggestion, HN, I'm doing a search for those right now.:thumbsup: LOVE me some Harry Potter. Especially Hagrid.

Edited to add ~ Found 'em! LOVE 'EM!

Yay! 😃 I immediately thought of that soundtrack when I got my Wild Unknown, it just fit for me. c: I'm glad someone else sees it too! I refuse to believe they didn't have tarot cards in the wizarding world. :^P