5 of Swords as a loveable quality?

crystalrose

I pulled this card as part of a larger spread self-love spread. The position was what makes me loveable? The 5 of Swords to me is about hostility, selfishness, and a win/lose mentality. Not sure how this can apply as a positive, loveable trait? I was thinking maybe it means that I don't care what other people think of me? Or is it that I'm willing to drop my pride?

Does anybody have thoughts? The deck used was Starchild Akashic.

rwcarter

Imagery plays a big part in my interpretations and I'm not familiar with that deck, so I'll base my interpretations on the RWS imagery. So, as a lovable quality the 5S could represent the ability to laugh or sticking up for the underdogs (everyone assumes the two people walking off in the RWS image are victims, but what if they were bullies and the person in the foreground of the card out-bullied them and that's why he's happy?) It could also represent your ability to stand up for yourself - 2 against 1 and you triumphed.

Rodney

elena_jaymz

Hi, it could be that you know when it's better to walk away from fights, so that you can avoid to worsen the situation.

Enlightenment23

I know exactly what the 5 of Swords means as a loveable quality - had it for myself before.

The 5 of Swords is also about one-upmanship - someone who knows how to devise a mental game and win it! They know how to be one-step ahead of their love interests and they certainly won't allow you to "hoodwink" them or walk all over them like a door mat.

A 5 of Swords person will quickly spot when someone is trying to trick them or pass one of them, and on top of that, they will know how to think two or three steps ahead to make that tricky person trip over their feet.

A 5 of Swords person is damn-near undefeatable in the game of mental war and, for example, some people find it sexy when a woman is just too sly and too perceptive to allow a man to seduce her into a folding chair who does whatever the guy wants.

To conclude, this person loves the tough mental challenges you put them through. It's intellectually stimulating for them to play "your game," so to speak.

headincloud

Could also point at sacrifice/self sacrifice or overcoming personal challenges.

Sharla

Your independent and free spirited, you just do your own thing and definitely don't follow a crowd.

You may dress a little different, or .......your unique basically, you stand out rather than blend in and this is just how you are, and you don't care what people think of you, as your happy being you.

Id say your friendly too.

Your just a very unique person in every way, and this is whats loveable about you.

Laurelle

Witty. Talkative. Loves discourse. Good at the law or puzzles.

crystalrose

Imagery plays a big part in my interpretations and I'm not familiar with that deck, so I'll base my interpretations on the RWS imagery. So, as a lovable quality the 5S could represent the ability to laugh or sticking up for the underdogs (everyone assumes the two people walking off in the RWS image are victims, but what if they were bullies and the person in the foreground of the card out-bullied them and that's why he's happy?) It could also represent your ability to stand up for yourself - 2 against 1 and you triumphed.

Rodney

Hi Rodney, I've attached an image of the card if that helps. Do you have any additional thoughts? I'm not sure if sticking up for the underdog applies for me. But I can agree that I do have a good ability to stick up for myself regardless of the situation.

Attachments

• g6Kvhn7 - Imgur.jpg
    g6Kvhn7 - Imgur.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 186

crystalrose

Hi, it could be that you know when it's better to walk away from fights, so that you can avoid to worsen the situation.

Thanks. This is what I used to do - walk away from fights, but recently I've been trying to stand up for myself regardless. So this is true for me in the past but not so much now. I'm still deciding and trying to figure out when is it best to walk away and when is it best to fight.

crystalrose

I know exactly what the 5 of Swords means as a loveable quality - had it for myself before.

The 5 of Swords is also about one-upmanship - someone who knows how to devise a mental game and win it! They know how to be one-step ahead of their love interests and they certainly won't allow you to "hoodwink" them or walk all over them like a door mat.

A 5 of Swords person will quickly spot when someone is trying to trick them or pass one of them, and on top of that, they will know how to think two or three steps ahead to make that tricky person trip over their feet.

A 5 of Swords person is damn-near undefeatable in the game of mental war and, for example, some people find it sexy when a woman is just too sly and too perceptive to allow a man to seduce her into a folding chair who does whatever the guy wants.

To conclude, this person loves the tough mental challenges you put them through. It's intellectually stimulating for them to play "your game," so to speak.

Thank you! This actually fit the exact situation that prompted me to do a reading. The person was playing a mind-game and instead of walking away like I usually do, I figured out how to beat them at their own game and get what I wanted out of the situation. I figured if they were gonna be a jerk and the situation a trainwreck regardless, I might as well do whatever I felt like and go out guns blazing, and also get my closure. In this situation, I was pretty sly and perceptive, called him out on his bs, and turned the tables a bit. I stopped second-guessing myself. On the downside, this was a losing game anyway but there was a mental challenge that I won in the end. Maybe he did find it sexy in a weird way, but I can't say playing mind games with douchebags is my favorite cup of tea. :laugh: