Lost Heron Fool

3ill.yazi

I posted in the Singles thread, but it was suggested I give a shout out here too.

I have a copy of the great TdM that Heron published, but it's missing the Fool. I've emailed France Cartes but They didn't respond. I doubt they still publish this and that they would sell me a single even if they did. I have an extra card that I'm thinking of pasting a printout to, but on the off chance I'm posting my need here.

(I am a newbie here, so please file accordingly if needed, moderators )

Yves Le Marseillais

Heron Fool

Hello,

This deck is easy to find in France and cheap too. Don't worry.
Search on EBay France and don't pay it too much coz some "thief" sold it triple price.
I suppose that 10 €uros is well paid for a second hand.
If you have problems I could help you more.

Best,

Yves

PS: You may visit my home page for more infos about historical TdM decks.

Yves Le Marseillais

E Bay France

I found one Héron Conver 22 € plus postage on E Bay France. Brand new apparently.
His number below.

Numéro de l'objet eBay :

Best

Yves

3ill.yazi

I appreciate the replies, but I would prefer not to spend $13 - $30 USD to replace a single card. Not that it's not worth it, but money's a little tight.

edit to add: I have seen your page. I love it! Great information.

Yves Le Marseillais

Second hand

Hello again,

So a second hand deck Conver Heron is also possible.

Thanks for my website ;))

Best

Yves

3ill.yazi

So I have a very amusing conclusion to this story. I just received an email from France Cartes saying they will ship me a replacement deck.

Pretty nice considering I purchased the deck retail close to 20 years ago.

It now leaves me with a dilemma: I will have two decks with one fool. So I will probably still go ahead with my plan to doctor the extra card. I'm OCD that way. Or I could pay it forward and just set the deck aside for the next person who might be missing one or more of the other cards.

One nice side discovery: I got their catalogue, and discovered that a number of decks I'd thought were out of print are still in their catalogue. Like the petit and grand etteillas.

Incroyable!

dancing_moon

That's a great conclusion for your story. :D Yes, now you'll be able to help out those who miss cards in their deck. Or go ahead and try out the sticker trick, to see how it works.