Experiments with "Eye Rhythms" in the Dodal

Herzog

nortytiger, it's great how you connected the image to something very personal. I believe this is the ultimate goal. Would you agree, Le Fanu?

Le Fanu

Herzog said:
nortytiger, it's great how you connected the image to something very personal. I believe this is the ultimate goal. Would you agree, Le Fanu?
Totally, and to think you're a newbie - as you said - I think you've dived right in there and got what the essence of it is for you.

I think we're due for another spread, aren't we? My turn next; busy 48 hours, but I shall give it my attention asap!

Le Fanu

OK... time for a new spread. Sunday morning, lazy shuffling, hazy light, hope the image is acceptable (not as good as Herzog's scans worked into the post but better than nothing and gives other people the chance to participate.)

I'm in a bit of a rush right now so shall comment fully later (before reading other people's comments), but - again - quite a dramatic one. I promise I'm not selecting the cards, but I seem to be getting cards (both in these Scientific Spreads and the personal Spread I did for Herzog on Friday) which really seem to sing.

Herzog will be amused as one of the cards from a Personal Spread has reappeared. But what an interesting combination (again). There is much here; much energy and interaction and - dare I say it? - drama.

I have to dash out and will be out all day, but I thought I'd toss this early morning spread out there and let you all dive in and then I shall post my thoughts later. I shall carry the image of this 3-card spread with me in my head all day, letting it ferment and seeing what I come up with... But I like this combination. I feel the Dodal cards speaking to me.. Funny..

Go on Herzog, you first (recognise the Page? ;)). I promise I shalln't read what anyone says before I post my thoughts...

Attachments

• SDC11442.JPG
    SDC11442.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 130

Le Fanu

(quick first impressions; get the rhythm of the upward and downward vines at the tail end of the scroll on the 2 of Coins and how they echo - mirror image - the page's upheld chalice and downward held hat...)

Herzog

Current Spread...

ExperimentalSpreadThree.jpg

Herzog

and for consistency:

OverlapThree.jpg

Herzog

initial impressions: Beautiful cards, Le Fanu. Interesting what you observed about the Page's hands and the up/down vines... I can see this and how it may apply to a reading. It seems to connect the young person with a relationship -two coins- that has come apart.

The young person appears to be longing for something. He stares into his cup which is more fully represented by the giant Ace of Cups. One may say he his dreaming of a past life when things were more emotionally complete. Perhaps he's remembering some former bond -two coins- with a family member, or maybe a relationship that has split.

As he is looking left, this implies longing for something in his past...

And then there's that little bird at the base of the giant cup... something about that bird keeps nagging at me... the expression "flying the coup" comes to mind. Perhaps this young person has left a comfortable and secure home to make his mark in life... perhaps he longs for the days when his life was secure, or maybe he's just feeling a bit lonely out there in the big world....

Herzog

Looking at the first and third cards alone -beginning and end of story- we start with two objects tied closely together and end with a young person all alone. the center card suggests how this person may have arrived in this position.

again, a feeling of longing and an emotional split with something or someone of importance...

moderndayruth

Herzog said:
He stares into his cup which is more fully represented by the giant Ace of Cups.
My thoughts exactly, 'alike attracts alike' comes to mind. It all might be involuntary to some degree as the Page's Cup is veiled - or, not apparent for one reason or another.
Two Coins are also two of a kind, like two inseparable polarities that in reality are one, united in Divine Play (like Yin and Yang, Day and Night etc.)

Herzog

Another "eye rhyme" may be the blue decoration around the Page's cup and the center spire on the Ace of Cups. Both appear to match in shape... This suggests that our young person may still be holding a piece of their former home life close to their heart. At the very least, they seem to be strongly linked even though miles and distance stand between them

Here's how I would break this down:

Extreme close up: Two Coins: Bonds. A close personal relationship.

Wide Shot: Ace of Cups: A place of residence, a community of sorts

Close up: Page of Cups: A young person holding a cup or, a piece of the "community" they have left behind