Fairie's Oracle - Decks made not for div purposes

rosesred

You can read with playing cards if you want to, There's even a thread about somebody reading with starwars collection cards.

It's not about the object, it's about the mind of the reader. Cards serve to open that up, but if you are broadminded virtually anything can do that job. Cards can pick up your energy, but they are in themselves not magical tools. You are magic, so the intent with which the cards were made matters only if it matters to you.

SunChariot

jeseryn said:
I'm a little confused. The Faerie's Oracle.. isn't that just pictures taken from his Good Faery/Bad Faery book? How can that be considered powerful? Sorta like the Vertigo deck. Fabulous art, but wasn't made with any sort of divinatory intent.

For me it is even less "powerful" then gathering rocks and sticks and pieces of tape and using them for any inner exploration/fortune telling purpose. Those are collected/created specifically for that use.

Any imagery in the cards were not created with any thought beyond a piece of beautiful artwork.

Interested in hearing people's point of view who own the decks (Vertigo or Faerie's Oracle)

I have had the Faeries' Oracle deck a bit over a month, but if I answer you I don't think you will believe me. If you had told me this before I got the deck I would not have believed you. It is a deck unlike any other and it has to be experienced to really get it.

I have 12 Tarot/Oracle decks and it took about a week to become my favourite deck of all time. I have just done the book exercises and not even my first "real" reading and the deck has already done a lot to make me a better person. It is really just quite magical if you let it be for you.

The cards are a gateway to Faery. The exercises in the book to learn about the deck are different from any you will see in any other deck. There is one about singing with the faeries, another about dancing with them....Another amazing thing about the deck is that is gives you a blank card, that you are meant to design yourself and thus add your own energy to that of the deck.

Both the artist of the deck Brian Froud and the author of the deck's book Jessica MacBeth tell you in the book that the Faeries are real and they can contact you and you can contact them. Btw it is a hardcover book not just a LWB, and an amazing piece of literature on its own. We are not talking about images of faeries, but real faeries that the deck shows you how to connect with if you can suspend disbelief and come to it with an open mind and heart. The fearies according to them are partly made up of the soul of the earth and partly from what lives in our unconsciouses...

The deck is a way to learn from their unique way of thinking and deep sense of fun and wisdom. And I can honestly tell you that they really do communicate with me when they want to teach or tell me something, even when the deck is put away and I am not consciously thinking of it. They do not feel like just cards, by now they feel like real friends.

Either way, faeries are there if you know how to see them (with your heart not with your eyes) And the cards mainly represent character traits in us that many times remain unconscious in us. That being said it can be tremendously powerful to put a name and face to the things we do to ourselves when we don't know why so we can deal with them rationally. And it is a tremendously spiritual deck, especially the Singers (there are 5 suits/card categories--the Singers is the first).

If you aren't ready to consider that faeries could possibly be real this may not be the deck for you. I did not expect the deck to be as magical as it is when I got it. I just thought it was pretty images too, and I certainly had no belief that faeries could be real. After getting the deck I am convinced now.

Bar

Babylon_Jasmine

I use the faerie oracle and I find it to be very valuable to me. It is much more free form than a tarot deck. I would not say that the hierarchies are very similar to suits. On the other hand, neumerology does play a part in the cards in some places. ( I know I spelled it wrong. I think I spelled Crowley's first name wrong in my intro, today is a bad spelling day for me) The images are also very rich in symbolism. The system is much, much less formal than the system used in the other decks I use (Rider-Waite and Book of Thoth) but I think it serves as a nice counterpoint. Very Playful, the faeries I interact with have a strong sense of humor and will often point things out in ways that are funny. I use the faerie deck for a follow up reading to the much more structured first reading. Finding more detail and more guidance. These spreads are very freeform with the amount of cards as well as the placement of them determined by the querent.

Babylon_Jasmine

I should explain to give context to my comments that I have always believed in faeries. I believe that they stole my Rider-Waite deck (thus prompting me to purchase my book of thoth deck) and then gave it back later. They have also misled me in the woods, led me to interesting new places, and given me muffins and squash.

Sophie

That Gnome has stolen my scissors and hidden them Gnome-knows-where! Probably cutting his toenails with them.

It's not a matter of belief - come and see for yourself if you can find my scissors!

Oh and as for oracles - well, the faeries have this to say: if they didn't want to do it they wouldn't. And sometimes they don't choose to, and that's all there is to it. But generally, they are nosy folk and very fond of telling your just how to live your life. In a book, on cards or in nature. I am trying to read my disappearing scissors right now - That Gnome will tell me in his own time, no doubt!

Babylon_Jasmine

Helvetica said:
That Gnome has stolen my scissors and hidden them Gnome-knows-where! Probably cutting his toenails with them.

It's not a matter of belief - come and see for yourself if you can find my scissors!

Oh and as for oracles - well, the faeries have this to say: if they didn't want to do it they wouldn't. And sometimes they don't choose to, and that's all there is to it. But generally, they are nosy folk and very fond of telling your just how to live your life. In a book, on cards or in nature. I am trying to read my disappearing scissors right now - That Gnome will tell me in his own time, no doubt!

I'd do an invocation of Ilbe the retriever for that myself.

Sophie

Babylon_Jasmine said:
I'd do an invocation of Ilbe the retriever for that myself.
Good point. I shall ask politely, he's a shy fellow and rather formal, I find, but very helpful :)

He also likes presents, so what could I give him?

Babylon_Jasmine

Helvetica said:
Good point. I shall ask politely, he's a shy fellow and rather formal, I find, but very helpful :)

He also likes presents, so what could I give him?

hehehehe maybe a pair of scissors?