Bit Confused W/ Asking Questions...Help

Sweetwings

Ok I really want to start using my cards and doing some spreads etc. I've been reading the book and I want to go through it again and do the exercises over again and connect with the faeries b/c I feel I havnt BUT I am really confused about asking questions...I'm new to Tarot/Oracle so I'm not sure how to do it...

It says in the book not to ask questions like 'Will I be Rich?' things like that b/c it says we have no control over the future..

I would like to ask the faeries about losing weight...but I dont want to say 'Will I lose weight?' b/c your not supposed too..I'd also like to ask questions for my friend, who is single and thinks she will never find a boyfriend, and doesnt know why she cant stop thinking about her ex lately (who was a very serious relationship and ended very badly) but I dont know how I should word these questions...

PLEASE help!! Thanks.

Tsukiyono

Try thinking more in terms of who, what, when, where, how or why. I think if you start out a question with one of those you can't go wrong as it leaves the question open ended, and isn't a solid yes or no question. Some examples would be: How can I better lose weight?, What can I do to improve my love life? Why can't I seem to move past my old relationship? What is blocking me from a new relationship at this time? ......the list is really endless.

Also if you haven't already, check out the tarot spreads in the learning section, there are a lot of great area specific spreads (aka relationships, work, and etc..). I found them helpful.

lunar_rabbit

I can understand your feelings! I have felt the same way, especially with traditional tarot decks. But the great thing about the faeries deck is that you can talk to them like you're having a conversation. "Hi Faeries! I'm having trouble figuring out what to do to lose weight. Can you give some guidance?"

I suggest starting with a sketch of the layout you plan to use. Even if it's from a book, I like to draw it out on paper, just so that *I* understand how it will work. I don't know if this is true for other people, but when I work with the Faeries Oracle, I find the 2-3 card readings plenty informative. Any more than that and I start getting confused -- like it's too much chatter!

The general guideline I use is to pose questions like : "What do I need to know about......" ('my health', for example) I'll warn ya though, if you already KNOW the answer to the question you're asking they will call you out on it. ;-) .

Let us know how it goes!

FaeryGodmother

I totally second Tsukiyono and lunar_rabbit. The "What do I need to know about...." is my staple question.

When you are starting out with spreads its often best to start with the good old three card spread- Past, Present, Future. You can then adapt this to things like, Mind, Body, Spirit or Situation, Action/Advice, Outcome. The variations are endless.

Good luck.
FGM

Imagemaker

Or you can use a simple one or 2 card start with questions like: do you have a message for me about my health, a possible partner, my situation with . . .

I tend to use many fewer Faery cards than with tarot decks. Helps my focus!

HudsonGray

I agree with the above. Instead of 'will' use a 'how' as in 'how can I better loose weight' or 'how can I make a better income'. This gives you something to work with, whereas a yes/no answer helps you not at all and just makes things frustrating. Work your questions into something that will give you options.

tamaray

the faeries

well i have had the faeries Oracle for two years now and it was slow at frist but i learned just to talk to them like i would talk to you or someone eles and they answer so easy. they are very simple to talk too i feel... relax breath and enjoy and have fun they are all about fun. see ya tamaray

Sweetwings

thanks everyone!

SunChariot

Sweetwings said:
Ok I really want to start using my cards and doing some spreads etc. I've been reading the book and I want to go through it again and do the exercises over again and connect with the faeries b/c I feel I havnt BUT I am really confused about asking questions...I'm new to Tarot/Oracle so I'm not sure how to do it...

It says in the book not to ask questions like 'Will I be Rich?' things like that b/c it says we have no control over the future..

I would like to ask the faeries about losing weight...but I dont want to say 'Will I lose weight?' b/c your not supposed too..I'd also like to ask questions for my friend, who is single and thinks she will never find a boyfriend, and doesnt know why she cant stop thinking about her ex lately (who was a very serious relationship and ended very badly) but I dont know how I should word these questions...

PLEASE help!! Thanks.

I'm with your friend there, I would like to lose some too! :)

Here are some ideas for (series of ) questions to ask:

1) What obstacles stand in my way when it comes to losing weight? How I can best remove these obstacles? (both questions should be used together I would think)

2) Why do I find it hard to lose weight? How can I make it easier for myself?

3) Is there a part of me that doesn't want to lose weight? which part? why? How can I overcome it?

You could ask them all if you want. Can never have too much info. LOL Although maybe not all in the same reading. I am sure I agree with Imagemaker that it is best to use only a few cards per reading, as I know in this deck I would be aiming at a personal communication, and too many talking at once gets confusing.

A few more suggestions:

1) Which feelings in me are creating a need to relive my past relationship over and over? What would be the result of healing these feelings? What steps can I take now to begin the healing process?

2) What in me makes me fear I will never find a new boyfriend? What does having a boyfriend mean to me in my life? Do I still need time to heal before I am ready for a man in my life? How will I know when I am ready? Can I trust in the Universe to give me what I need for my ultimate growth and fulfillment when the time is right?

(if you get a good feelign about the last one, you can relax...and trust the universe to bring into your life what you need when you need it. The universe knows better than we do when we are really ready for something).

If you can't trust the universe, get a negative feeling to the last question:

Ask, what you can do to develop that kind of trust in your life so you can relax and enjoy where you are now...

Hope this is helpful.:)

Bar