Help!! Need a spread for Halloween

Dancing Bear

I am hoping some of you creative ladies and gents can help me out..
I have a Halloween party coming up, the whole kit and kaboodle..Dress up the lot..

I will be using the Bohemian Gothic deck of course LOL!!

I dont want to read the deck as a fortune telling deck.. what i want to do is create a nightmarish story with the cards that come out, and place the client smack bang in the middle of it, being the main character, whether they be the victim or villian.. I'll leave that up to the cards })

I need a spread that will help me lay out a story..

like example
1: what character is my client tonight?
2: What scenario surrounds this character?.
3: where does this character live?
4: Victim or Villian?
5: What is this character best known for?
6: Here I am stuck.and as you can tell i am no good at making spreads .. I do want this spread to be rounded and complete..Like i feel the Celtic cross is.
Like I need a who is this person, what do they do. What is happening to them, do they succeed or not..and what is the ending for this character, whether they go undetected for all time creeping into their coffin at the break of dawn each day.. or whether the mob come after them with pitch forks and flame sticks and burn their castle down,. LOL!!
Or if they are the victim , do they fight back and win the day ridding the monster forever or not (wicked cackle) or Escape knowing they are leaving the haunting nightmarish legacy to another..he he he !! ..

For those who dare to be scared.. I would love to give them a reading they will remember }) LOL!!

Can anyone help me out :love:

Dancing Bear xx

birdsong123

6. What are this character's motives?

7. Who is the character's nemesis?

8. What is this character's plot? (life purpose)

9. What is this character's lesson?

10. What is holding the character back?

And the ever-famous advice card: What should this character do NOW in his/her storyline to proceed to the next chapter?

-------------------------------

These are just a few suggestions.

This would be a fantastic spread idea to do with the Halloween deck as well! Great fun! I can see a really fun story unfolding!

For the card where you put "victim or villain"...I'd add hero as well to the mix. (Victim, Villain, or Hero?).

We could really have a lot of fun with a spread like this!

:::evil cackle....thunder booooooms::::

Glass Owl

If you want to focus on a spread for telling/writing a story, you may like (and be able to modify):

The Be Like Nancy Drew Spread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=80106

Writing A Suspense Thriller Spread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=54724

Also, in the spirit of Halloween you may also like:

Illy's Trick or Treat Spread (found in this thread called "Samhain or Halloween Spread)
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=48983

The Vampire Cross Spread
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=59820

Dancing Bear

Thankyou both so much for your time and help..

I will play with all the ideas and see what i come up with...
I am now on the lookout for putting my costume together.. :)

I will post up what i come up with.. :D

Dancing Bear

OK I have sat and tried to put a spread together using the ideas presented to me...
The writing a suspense thriller spread was very helpful.. thankyou..

I am going to lay the spread out like the celtic cross.. as old habits are hard to die..

*******5*********9****
**3****1****4****8****
*******2*********7***
*****************6****

well this is how i lay my celtic cross anyway.. But read them in a totally different order to laying them LOL!! just to confuse things for everyone.. again old habits LOL!!..

1* Is the Hero, Villian or Victim...
2* Is Who or what is the challenge for this character..
3* Is What changes does this challenge Bring
4* Who or what helps this character.
5* The High Point of this story, ( this one I feel i need to reword?)
6* Goal of the Character
7* The actual Situation
8* The twist in the story
9* Outcome of this story

Ok! this is rough.. I am going to practice with this.. and see where it needs tweeking..
Let me know if you feel you could improve this please..

I normally read 1,6 &7 together to bring the character together and it lets me know what is actually present right now..
then i go on to read 2 &3 they tell me why and how this character got to now..
then I go ahead and read 4 then 8 and then I read 5 and 9 and after i have looked over the entire spread i then I pull it all together..If i havent done so already :)

Hope that is easy enough to understand LOL!!

DB xxx

birdsong123

This is so much fun! I hope you'll post a couple of your favorite readings.

For the "high point"...that can be the climax of the story, the turning point, or the "height" of action.

Another idea...there's always an antagonist that gets in our way (mwah ha ha ha) and that adds to the electricity of a story as well.

This sounds like great fun. I wonder what your costume will be....?

You could also change the name of the Celtic Cross (even though it is really set up like one). Something like "the shield and the sword" or "the dark mirror spread," or something like that... just to add to the flavor of your reading.

Hope you can talk in a spooky tone, too. And creepy fingernails will help when you flip the cards.

::shudder::