Magician enquiries

Cara Jackson

Hi, was just intently perusing Magician and wondered if anyone had noticed/had ideas on:-

1) 4 'marks' on his headband, is this a sloppy way of doing the old Yehovah 4 letters or what do you think?

2) I remember the Mountains, lion and bird? on the side of the table were mentioned somewhere, - anyone got the link to that please?

3) Does anyone else have a 'watery'/blue wash effect going on in the middle of the flowers at the bottom or is it just a printers error?

4) Does the Magician have a 'goatee' - there is a line down from his chin - does this represent he is still wet behind the ears and a mere child?

Many thanks

Cara

rwcarter

Cara Jackson said:
Hi, was just intently perusing Magician and wondered if anyone had noticed/had ideas on:-
Some of your questions can be answered with a quick look through the index for the forum. The Magician is covered in some detail in Post 2 of the index.

1) 4 'marks' on his headband, is this a sloppy way of doing the old Yehovah 4 letters or what do you think?
I don't remember any threads or posts on that subject, but there could be some. Try doing a search on headband.

2) I remember the Mountains, lion and bird? on the side of the table were mentioned somewhere, - anyone got the link to that please?
One such thread is here.

3) Does anyone else have a 'watery'/blue wash effect going on in the middle of the flowers at the bottom or is it just a printers error?
When discussing print errors/differences on cards, it really helps to say which version of the deck you're looking at because not all RWS decks are equal in those regards.

Randomly grabbing a newer yellow-box USG, a blue-box Rider & Co and a Belgium printing Original Rider Waite, there is a darker blue section in the middle of the flowers in the USG version, a paler blue section in the R&Co version and no blue at all in the ORW version.

4) Does the Magician have a 'goatee' - there is a line down from his chin - does this represent he is still wet behind the ears and a mere child?
I see the line you're talking about. I wouldn't call that a goatee, but it's the little patch of hair that grows right under the lower lip. I wouldn't come up with that interpretation for that patch of hair, but if that's what you see, then that's what's important. He could just as easily have shaved it off (as I do on occasion) and is letting it grow back in. The Magician may be wet behind the ears, but I've never thought of him as a child. He's definitely a young adult to me.

Rodney

Cara Jackson

Thanks For All You Help X

WATCH OUT, THERE WILL BE MORE QUESTIONS COMING SOON -tee-hee!

KariRoad

Cara Jackson said:
1) 4 'marks' on his headband

2) I remember the Mountains, lion and bird?

4) Does the Magician have a 'goatee'
Hi Cara! I hope this LINK will help with your questions (and the discussion).
Kari
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g368/KariRoad88/MAGUSmysteries.jpg
CLICK ON TO VIEW