The Lilac Twilight ORIGINALS...who has what?

greatdane

There were at least two versions of the original Lilac Twilight (not the one that is part of the Lilac/Cherry combo).

I have the one that is all in Russian, as in Russian titles on the cards. Wondering which version or versions other ATers have of one of the originals?

I LOVE this one and the fact it's in Russian, as my grandparents spoke Russian. It gives it a homey feeling to me. But I know there was at least one other that was an AT edition. I think it said Aeclectic Tarot on the box.

So, which one or ones do you have and how do you like it/them?

Le Fanu

I have two copies of the Special Author's edition for Aeclectic Tarot.

No titles, just a number (top left hand corner) and a suit symbol and card reference (bottom right hand corner).

I love this deck. There really is nothing else to say. It's just this side of exquisite, surriptitiously nodding towards kitsch. There have been imitators which have tumbled headlong into fluffy campness and which give me nightmares.

I also have that other edition which came with the Cherry something-or-other - the set with two decks - but it has never quite captured my heart in the same way as this first edition.

Somebody asked on my blog this week "where oh where can I get this [the original] from?" and - if you're reading this, I simply have NO idea. I wish I knew!

greatdane

YOU enabled me, Le F!

Your gorgeous pix on your blog, My Curious Cabinet, well, who could resist?

Mine does have the titles in Russian, which I love, and the images, oh, those images!

I also have the Lilac from the combo, the Cherry I traded, because I resonated more with the Lilac of that pack.

That original is such a dreamy deck.

Le Fanu

I don't think I have seen the version with Russian titles. I love the borderlessness on this one and how the cards merge into a sort of Lilac cloud when laid out.

I have only one pet peeve; the Heart isn't quite right. It doesn't quite fit with the rest of the artwork. Looks more "home made" but there is so much other gorgeousness in the deck that I can overlook this. I love the Man card and the Fox and Stork - in fact I love all the others (although perhaps after the Heart I would say the Key doesn't quite work either.) The rest though is just lovely.

I think the cardstock and borders have meant that I don't quite love the Cherry combo, although the Heart is much better in that one. This thread has inspired me to dig out my Cherry-combo this weekend to fathom out quite why I don't use it so much.

greatdane

I think the Russian, except for the titles

looks like yours on your blog, Le F. I compared mine to the pix you have posted (ENABLER!) and except for mine having titles in Russian centered at the bottom, looks the same.

I love the lovely mood of Berenika's decks :).