The New Entrepreneur Spread (ideas welcome!)

LisaStarlight

I found this spread (Will I Get the Job? http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=166285) and wondered if it could be tweaked for anyone thinking of venturing into the area of entrepreneurship.

------5------
-3--1--2--4-

1. How you see yourself in terms of being qualified for the role
2. The truth about your qualifications for the role
3. Factors working in your favour
4. Factors working against you

and
5. The company's decision about you

would have to become something else.

Next best step forward? Something important to do before taking any action? Likely outcome if taking action now? What you don't know and should? When's the best time to make a move?

I'm open to any suggestions and ideas.

Thank you. :)

skywatching

You could probably still stick with a question about decision making and change it to what decision you need to make or I would think a question that revolves around taking action of some kind to get your business idea off the ground maybe ?

You could even tweak some of the other questions and ask about the risks and benefits involved. But then I suppose that comes under the factors for/against.

Hope that helps :)

LisaStarlight

Thank you Skywatching! That does help. :)

I was thinking more about this last night, and one thing that came up about the entrepreneur path is what sacrifices would have to be made. So perhaps working something like that into the questions would be worthwhile, too.

I'll play a bit more with it and where to lay out the cards and post an update then.

Thanks, again. :)

rubyofjoy

considering the differences between working for someone and working for yourself, In a job, the employer sets your hours and expectations and duties. You are mainly selling your skills, yourself to fit their needs.

Going into business for yourself you have be your own boss. set your own limits. establish your own work hours. etc. so it might be helpful to do this type of spread on the different areas of being in business yourself.

what is your strength in work habits, what is your weakness, how can you develop healthy work habits?

Marketing: strengths, weaknesses, perhaps pros and cons of different marketing tech.

Marketing: what to focus on and what to avoid.

What are your customers looking for? how can you best serve them?
Customers: ideal customer, how can you help them find you.
Customers: strength in customer service, weakness in customer service.
Customers: what should you be aware of affecting success in this? perhaps competitors, perhaps need to adjust skills, or hire more help, etc.

What things can I do to start my business off well?
what do I need to look at now? in 3 months? 6 months, 1 year?

skills: strengths and weaknesses. How can you best help your clients? what limits do you need to be aware of? ie not biting off more than you can handle?

LisaStarlight

considering the differences between working for someone and working for yourself, In a job, the employer sets your hours and expectations and duties. You are mainly selling your skills, yourself to fit their needs.

Thank you, rubyofjoy! These are important considerations, too.

I think this reading could be a two-parter - considerations before deciding yea or nay to becoming an entrepreneur (can you tell I'm a procrastinator extraordinaire? :joke:) and then the considerations if it's a yea and one takes the plunge.

I'm still playing with this... and thank you for weighing in.

geoxena

1. What do you need to know about working for yourself?
2. What are your best assets to utilize in starting a business?
3. What are your biggest challenges/concerns?
4. What sort of ally/mentor/guide should you seek out?
5. Where should your focus be, in order to succeed? (or something about outcome)

I actually think there should be some sort of question about whether entrepreneurship is the right thing to pursue right now, or should it be to get a better job. But I couldn't formulate that question in my head at the moment.

I also think that a 3-card spread could be enough. What do you need to know, what will be your biggest challenge, and what is your chance for success.

LisaStarlight

1. What do you need to know about working for yourself?
2. What are your best assets to utilize in starting a business?
3. What are your biggest challenges/concerns?
4. What sort of ally/mentor/guide should you seek out?
5. Where should your focus be, in order to succeed? (or something about outcome)

OOOOOOH. I love that question about the mentor. That is so important - I always feel I have to go things alone - I keep forgetting it's ok - normal, even - to look for help. Thank you. :)

I actually think there should be some sort of question about whether entrepreneurship is the right thing to pursue right now, or should it be to get a better job. But I couldn't formulate that question in my head at the moment.

Yup. I agree. That's actually a much better place to start. Back to the drawing board.

I also think that a 3-card spread could be enough. What do you need to know, what will be your biggest challenge, and what is your chance for success.

You're GOOD! You've boiled my issue down to the essentials so well. I actually prefer three card readings because the more cards I have the more convoluted and intricate my interpretations become. ("This links to that, and - oh, look at that - that could affect this....")

Thank you so much, geoxena. This is very helpful! :)

geoxena

OOOOOOH. I love that question about the mentor. That is so important - I always feel I have to go things alone - I keep forgetting it's ok - normal, even - to look for help. Thank you. :)
Ah, are you trying to develop a spread to ask these things for yourself or for someone else who would sit for you? Funny thing is, I first posted those questions in the first person ("what do I need...") but then I changed them all to "you," thinking you were developing these for a querent and not yourself. BTW, these are all questions I've asked for myself in my own readings.

About the mentor bit: a mentor or guide can be so many things - a class we might need to take, an organization that gives workshops, a tutorial on YouTube, a specialized industry magazine subscription, or an actual person willing to show you the ropes, for example. So, when asking that question, it's important not to assume it's only about finding a specific person to mentor us, though it very well could be that. So that is why I worded it like I did. It's just about asking where to look for help in learning and building confidence.

Yup. I agree. That's actually a much better place to start. Back to the drawing board.
I think it's just the last, final question that could focus on whether or not now is the right time to start.

You're GOOD! You've boiled my issue down to the essentials so well. I actually prefer three card readings because the more cards I have the more convoluted and intricate my interpretations become.
Oh, me too! I rarely do readings of more than three cards. A lot of times one card is all I need, but I think three gives a good picture of possibilities and more than that just complicates things. I also tend not to ask really detailed questions because I feel the tarot works best for me when consulted about things like conditions, attitudes, focus, energies, and the general gestalt of a situation. I also prefer to distill things down to the essential because it's easier to remember!

Thank you so much, geoxena. This is very helpful! :)
You are very welcome!