Large Thoth - how to avoid the "greenie" version

Emily

Thank you, yes, the blue Magus box.

Also with the greenies, the font ink is also green. I love mine but it did take a lot of getting used to but the card stock is lovely to shuffle.

Le Fanu

As a compulsive buyer of multiple Thoths, I have in fact bought - I think - about 4 of the large "2 of Disks" green box large Thoths and that photo of the small and the large Thoth reminded me a little of the colour differences.

A couple of them have a lovely rich blue, most noticable on the Magus and the Knight of Cups. I'm kind of annoyed with myself as I decided to trim one of them - then some time later bought another couple - and the printing was noticably more pallid. I wish I had not trimmed the lovely, richly coloured one.

But, yes, not greenies, any of them, but there is a noticeable difference in colouring saturation.

Astraea

Yes, the color saturation of Thoth decks is all over the place, you can't be sure what a deck will look like - even if you know the ISBN number of a deck you've seen and admired. I, too, have bought several 2 of Disks boxes - both the green and lavender ones - in an effort to find a deck that approximates the color saturation and richness of the large blue-box Swiss Thoth; meh, not so much! I love my greenies, but it would be a real pleasure to find a large Thoth with vivid colors.

FLizarraga

My greenie experience is somewhat unorthodox, as I bought a large USG green box deck and it turned out to be a greenie. It's not supposed to happen, but this one is --with a pale, yellowish green tint all over.

Also oddly enough, it has better cardstock than the beautiful AG Müller, so I prefer it.