The De-Enabling Thread

Queen of Pentacle

druidcraft

Everyone seem to like this one. I have it... And never had been able to use it.

Emily said:
Ahhh the DruidCraft - beautiful artwork, large cards - you'll miss no details on these - ohh sorry wrong thread. })

The egg painting is very nice, background, sky and water are somptuous... But the personnages are so grotesque, cartoonish faces, oversized hands and feet, it completly spoil the cards feeling.

King of Cups for instance remember me of Bluto, Popeye's nasty friend.

To be fair, the cards without caracters (like Ace of sword) are very beautifull, the Druidcraft method (included book) is interesting... But gee the artistry is lacking for faces and peoples.

Why don't you browse at all the cards, and study the faces... you can see the complete deck there http://tarotstudies2.50webs.com/druid_craft_deck.shtml and make an idea for yourself.

pandoras-box

Great thread, hope it can help me also. ;)

Well, I have the Der-Jen China deck, unopened … well I had it before, opened it, didn’t get on with it (mainly because I didn’t like the card-stock), so I gave it away …. Just to buy it again as I liked the images (and the box .... i know it's sad)…. Anyway, now LS brought out the China Tarot and I am very tempted in buying it, well even though the pictures are the same, I am somehow hoping I will like that one better than the original. Please someone talk me out of it.

magpie9

The Druidcraft? De-enable? :D :D:D:p:p:p:D:D............not a chance, not from me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Hellsdarkrose

OK I need de-enabling on the following

Fenestra
Radiant RWS

Alta

pandoras-box said:
Well, I have the Der-Jen China deck, unopened … well I had it before, opened it, didn’t get on with it (mainly because I didn’t like the card-stock), so I gave it away …. Just to buy it again as I liked the images (and the box .... i know it's sad)…. Anyway, now LS brought out the China Tarot and I am very tempted in buying it, well even though the pictures are the same, I am somehow hoping I will like that one better than the original. Please someone talk me out of it.
I don't have either deck, but in this I don't require it to de-enable you.

Just listen to yourself!!! You do not want this deck, so stop thinking you do!!!!

Find a deck that really does speak to you. :)

gregory

magpie9 said:
greggers, what are you doing up at this hour? You're supposed to be safely tucked in bed quite a while back....or have you sneaked off to Canada again?
:bugeyed: Insomnia?
Insomnia and a half finished can of beer..... Can't WASTE it !

Der Jen/China - the original is much nicer than the LS version. So if you didn't like it, the LS one is not going to make you happy !

(I did it right again. :bugeyed: :D)

Dwaas

That Fenestra tarot just looks fake. You know, fake like it is old-fashioned but you smell in 10 kilometres how slick newmade it is. :)

Miren

I was once enamored of the Fenestra, but I kept looking at the pictures until it dissuaded me itself. The Chariot, I believe, has two women instead of horses/sphinxes...which I find disturbing. The backs don't allow you to read reversals. Somehow the eyes look a bit empty to me...

Apocalipstick

Glad to be of service, Red. Heh.

So, anyway, my new object of desire is the LS Universal Fantasy. Some help please?

Queen of Pentacle

Apocalipstick

Hello Apocalipstick

Apocalipstick said:
Glad to be of service, Red. Heh.

So, anyway, my new object of desire is the LS Universal Fantasy. Some help please?

I too was very excited with Universal Fantasy, it look so great on scan on my pc: I really wanted it... Untill I could handle and see the real thing in a cards shop in Montreal. And I look at it card by card.

The colors did'nt have the same appeal, what looked vibrant as stained glass on the net was dark, muted and very busy. Somewhat like "revelation tarot" little acid freak brother.

Having the desk in hand was a desillusion. So it stayed in the shop. No regrets.