The De-Enabling Thread

Little Baron

rosesred said:
so if you don't mind the collage look, and love details, I can't really deenable :)

What do you mean 'it's a collage deck'?

Nobody told me it wasn't real.

I love this deck. It's the real deal. And one of the most lavishly executed artworks in my tarot collection.

LB

euripides

rosesred said:
Actually, that argument doesn't quite work for me, since the BBC is a collage, not pictures of real dressed up cats. "No cats suffered" and all that.

oh, of course, I know that - its just the CONCEPT of cats in human clothing. I just find it bizarre. I don't like any of the anthropomorphised animal decks. I've never liked that kind of illustration.

I'd like a deck that had cats just being cats. There's a nice majors-only one out there, I think its unpublished though.

gregory

LittleBuddha said:
What do you mean 'it's a collage deck'?
Nobody told me it wasn't real.
Of COURSE it's real, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise :D

Little Hare

euripides said:
dress your cat, or a friend's cat, up in baby doll clothes and note their expression. Their utter disgust (or possibly fury, watch out for unsheathed claws) should pretty much cure you of the desire for any deck which features cats in human clothing.

Erk cats in human clothing look stupid IMHO... personally i don't see what all the fuss is about with people raving about it

*runs away to hide*

Little Baron

I felt this way, previously.

But in reality, you look at this deck and the sheer amazement of how bloody well it has been executed is quite a powerful one. People can believe in faeries, goblins and all that other b****cks but it seems hard for a lot to get their head round cats in clothes.

Now for the de-enabling. I wouldn't buy the ones with the minimal borders.

[I would buy the ones printed before ;) ]

LB

Apocalipstick

I think I owe a de-enabling, since mine actually worked!

Bohemian Cats? If you're a cat lover, you might find it obnoxious to see so many cats behave so provincially.

I know I do. :p

I should probably run away now...

Little Baron

Apocalipstick said:
I should probably run away now...

*LB chases Apocalipstick with wooden spoon* :D

MysticalMoose

HELLPP!

After a mad couple of week of new decks & suchlike I thought I would have time to recover from the "fiscal turbulence" that has resulted from my overzealous purchasing....however Ive just been looking on the "sites that show all the deck thread" & found myself gazing wistfully & lustfully at Crows Magick Tarot again with my finger hovering perilously over the BUY THIS DECK link...HELP ME....DE-ENABLE me....Please??? :D

Little Baron

Never heard a good review of the Crows Magic. Doesn't it have an abundance of keywords? And look pretty 'modern'?

LB

MysticalMoose

Yes! & those things would usually put me off! But they dont! eek...There is just something about them .....