Thoth-specific spreads?

mosaica

In the spread forum it says that there are thoth-specific spreads here. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'm looking for some simple, short spreads.

Thanks!

ajetron

Crowley's Thoth when you mean "Thoth-specific" or like Etteilla Thoth? In the Crowley Tarot's LWB there's a fifteen-card spread that derives from the Golden Dawn. There's also a multi-stage spread menioned in Crowley's "Book of Thoth" and in Waite's "The Pictorial Key to the Tarot" it's far from simple. Other then those I really haven't ever heard of simple spread Thoth related.

PeterS

Good Question

I was thinking about this and I was wondering when I thought that a Tree of Life Spread might be compatable with the Thoth.

Peter

Grigori

I don't think there is any spread that is truly Thoth specific, or Thoth innappropriate. But I do feel blocky spreads are better for me with the Thoth. Things like 3 cards, or spreads with a couple of cards sharing each position etc. You can get a lot of mileage from a one card draw also.

Aeon418

I like this spread a lot. http://supertarot.co.uk/spread/10car.htm
It's simpler than the 15 card spread found in the Thoth LWB, but it can still be used with elemental dignities.

Note: Card 10 is supposed to cross card 1.

ajetron

Aeon418 said:
I like this spread a lot...It's simpler than the 15 card spread found in the Thoth LWB, but it can still be used with elemental dignities...

I've never seen this spread before, look interesting I'll have to try it out.

Lleminawc

Akron & Banzhof's The Crowley Tarot has a number of spreads including one called The Ankh which is specifically based on the Thoth's imagery.

ravenest

Spread 'em.

similia said:
I don't think there is any spread that is truly Thoth specific, or Thoth innappropriate.

New Age Tarot - James Wandless's book on the Thoth Deck gives a 'Thoth spread' for each of the major arcana - subject specific to the card. (eg, the Death card spread is a curvey line representing a snake, the Lovers spread is ... guess what ... basically, 'romance' etc. etc. :rolleyes: )

Urrrrk! Wandless says specific, I say inappropriate ....

But that's where some more spreads are printed for Thoth if you are into that sort of thing Mosaica. You could probably make some up yourself that are just as good.