Preferred Lenormand Size

blue_fusion

Out of curiosity, which would be your preferered Lenormand size? Something tarot-sized? Bridge? Or poker? Any others? And why?

Thanks much!

-Ly

1Eleven

Bridge or 'mini' - easier to lay a full GT.

Amanda

Poker -- I believe that is the size of the Gilded Reverie? I wish some tarot decks came in that size...

Le Fanu

Bridge or Poker is always a bit vague for me. Are they U.S references? I never get them clear in my head and always have to google

The Gluck Lenornmand reproduction is the PERFECT size to me. Not explicitly mini but just small enough. Then Tag's Dondorf reproductions (like mine :)) In fact, all of Tag's are perfectly sized.

Aster Breo

Bridge or Poker is always a bit vague for me. Are they U.S references? I never get them clear in my head and always have to google

According to Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_52-card_deck):

"The most common sizes for playing cards are poker size (2.5 × 3.5 inches (64 × 89 mm), or B8 size) and bridge size (2.25 × 3.5 inches (57 × 89 mm)), the latter being narrower, and thus more suitable for games such as bridge in which a large number of cards must be held concealed in a player's hand."

I prefer bridge size or a little smaller, because I find them easier to shuffle and they don't take up as much room when laid out. I love to use minis (half of poker size) for GTs, but they're much more difficult to shuffle.

greatdane

Poker

I get why many like smaller Lenormand cards especially if they are doing a GT.

For me personally, poker or tarot, bridge is fine. Easier to see details. Poker or bridge are easiest for me to shuffle.

But again, for those doing large spreads, I so get why minis are preferred.

blue_fusion

It's interesting to note the differences in size preference between tarot and Lenormand. Tarot has big spreads too but I think the priority for the reader is to be able to see the details in each card while with Lenormands, the importance of the fine/minutr details in the images are arguably less than Tarot's, and more importance is (at least from what I've noticed) to be able to quickly distinguish which card is which and where its placed, especially in GTs.

I can't imagine how you folks are able to shuffle minis, though! :D I probably would have resorted to an adaptation of "putting all the bingo chips in the bottle, shaking, and then drawing each"!

Aster Breo

I can't imagine how you folks are able to shuffle minis, though! :D I probably would have resorted to an adaptation of "putting all the bingo chips in the bottle, shaking, and then drawing each"!

That's my problem with minis, too. I can shuffle them overhand pretty well, but I have trouble riffling them. Depends on the card stock, too. The thinner ones are easier to riffle.

OceanicWanderlust

I tend to perfect poker or tarot size. I don't mind the bridge size but anything smaller than that I dislike. It's way too tiny for me.